Ex-Staff Karl Robinson

I need to be clear so I don't upset anyone, this is my opinion and not an instruction. Anyone else can share their own views should they wish.

Robinson had some good times at the club, and there were some incredible games under him, but he well and truly burnt his bridges in the final season with us and I couldn't care less about his views these days. If it wasn't for posts on here I don't think I'd have a clue what he was doing.

He still seems to trigger some, and my opinion and personal view that in no way suggests that others can't have a different view is that it may be best if some moved on!

Of course, I could equally move on and not bother posting on here, but debate and balance is value to hear all views and therefore I have shared mine, and mine alone.

Oxymoronic and ironic cocktail 🍹 ^^^

He must still be on an NDA with Oxford as he never talks about us and no interviewer ever mentions his connection. It's all a bit
weird but understandable.

He must still be on an NDA with Oxford as he never talks about us and no interviewer ever mentions his connection. It's all a bit
weird but understandable.
I remember in the first interview he gave (on Big Sam's thing) he was more than gracious enough in saying he fully deserved to go and didn't seem to wish us ill will. I imagine he doesn't want to go into details of that last year, and focus more on getting his head down in the new job.

I do remember in every preview against his ex-club, even Charlton which was a basket case when he was there, he was gracious in saying what a great club and fanbase they had. Can't imagine it would be any different for us if we drew them in a cup next year.

For my two cents, I try not to dwell on his last season too much. Post Pep, Karl helped re-establish a good feeling around the club. Ironically if it was him that jumped ship when his stock was high, and not Manning, I think the fanbase would have understood and a lot of the hassles affecting all parties would have been avoided!

I need to be clear so I don't upset anyone, this is my opinion and not an instruction. Anyone else can share their own views should they wish.

Robinson had some good times at the club, and there were some incredible games under him, but he well and truly burnt his bridges in the final season with us and I couldn't care less about his views these days. If it wasn't for posts on here I don't think I'd have a clue what he was doing.

He still seems to trigger some, and my opinion and personal view that in no way suggests that others can't have a different view is that it may be best if some moved on!

Of course, I could equally move on and not bother posting on here, but debate and balance is value to hear all views and therefore I have shared mine, and mine alone.

Deciding to take this at face value because I know how passionate you are about improving the OUFC community.

Everyone knows you’re expressing an opinion, so you’re misunderstanding or talking past the stick you get - which is about why you think anyone needs to hear your opinion on what’s best for them, or what they post. Unsolicited advice is often poorly received, especially when it’s a blanket statement about changes people should make, taking no account of particular facts or the person it’s given to, and when you have no discernible credentials on the matter.

If you want to stop talking about any subject at all, I wish you every success in your endeavour.

Deciding to take this at face value because I know how passionate you are about improving the OUFC community.

Everyone knows you’re expressing an opinion, so you’re misunderstanding or talking past the stick you get - which is about why you think anyone needs to hear your opinion on what’s best for them, or what they post. Unsolicited advice is often poorly received, especially when it’s a blanket statement about changes people should make, taking no account of particular facts or the person it’s given to, and when you have no discernible credentials on the matter.

If you want to stop talking about any subject at all, I wish you every success in your endeavour.

Maybe taking things at face value is sufficient.

For me under Robinson we played some of the best football over a sustained period of time, always confident we would score. Appreciate it all went pear shaped and rightly got the sack but I don't like the re-writing of history because of the last 18 months of his time here.

Not sure why people can't now let it lie rather than bring up his every action on here.

Back
Top Bottom