Home Match Day Thread 01/11/2022 L1: OUFC v Fleetwood Town

I defy anyone to watch that clip of the Fleetwood goal and genuinely suggest that what Eastwood does is as much as a decent Keeper at this level could be expected to do.

If thats McGinty he is righly admonished for it. There are a multitude of Keepers at this level (and at the level below) that we can afford that would do better there and would have done with plenty of other shots from distance this (and last) season.

I don't know who I'm trying to convince, but some on here appear to have emotional ties to Eastwood that I can't fathom - as if he came up through the youth team, was a ballboy that tried to trip Lee Steele in 2006 and celebrated 2010 in the West end of Wembley half cut.

He may well have been a good servant but we don't owe him a living or our undying gratitude.

All very odd, and I suspect any new incoming manager will rectify the problem pronto.
Don’t think Eastwood should be our no1
However as I have said before that shot dipped and curved at the last second I was right behind it.The ball should then have been cleared by Moore or Findlay or Seddon but their one player tucks it away.
He kept us in the game later with two great saves
Nobody mentions the missed headers by Moore Seddon and be Joseph that should have been put away

Back
Top Bottom