Transfer News Summer Transfer Preview

Blimey - cost cutting? Or blowing things up big time?

That's their top three (and four out of the top six) most minutes played this season. Leading goalscorer in Cole, 14 G+As from Kane, two of their starting back five......that's a lot to replace!
Their forum doesn't seem to give much of a sh*t about it, strangely.

Blimey - cost cutting? Or blowing things up big time?

That's their top three (and four out of the top six) most minutes played this season. Leading goalscorer in Cole, 14 G+As from Kane, two of their starting back five......that's a lot to replace!
I wonder if they’ve all refused new contracts?

I imagine they've all got enough interest from either Championship clubs, or higher paying League One clubs (Birmingham, even Wrexham) to have made their minds up after the semi finals loss. If they were under 24, it'd be worth Barnsley saying they've offered the new terms, so they get some compensation once they've moved on.

They may have done, but it's still very early in that case to give up and announce they're going. If Barnsley wanted to resign them, they could have stated (like a lot of clubs do) that they have offered them a contract and then they would have had another two weeks during which no other English club could have (officially) talked to them.

Now, the four of them can go and talk to whomever they like, right away.

Certainly wouldn't be averse to kicking the tyres on Jordan Williams. Good player, good age, position of need. Although I suspect we might struggle to get him unless we win tomorrow........

They may have done, but it's still very early in that case to give up and announce they're going. If Barnsley wanted to resign them, they could have stated (like a lot of clubs do) that they have offered them a contract and then they would have had another two weeks during which no other English club could have (officially) talked to them.

Now, the four of them can go and talk to whomever they like, right away.

Certainly wouldn't be averse to kicking the tyres on Jordan Williams. Good player, good age, position of need. Although I suspect we might struggle to get him unless we win tomorrow........
There fans don't rate him at all.

Browne has had only just back and had a handful of part time minutes in games.
A preseason and then he’ll be firing.
Wasn’t that long ago, we were hearing the same crap with Murphy and Brown.
Do agree with the knibbs point though.
It’s not that straight forward though is it? Look at his number of career games and age - he doesn’t stay fit.

Their forum doesn't seem to give much of a sh*t about it, strangely.
Reaction from their fans seems really weird. Odd set of supporters - can’t have helped them this season chanting for their manager to be sacked when they were 5th. Certainly didn’t help them on the last day or in the playoffs.

Lost five players more than proven in the division and known to be attracting interest from bigger clubs, and they seem to be shrugging their shoulders saying “well, if they don’t want to be here”.

Reaction from their fans seems really weird. Odd set of supporters - can’t have helped them this season chanting for their manager to be sacked when they were 5th. Certainly didn’t help them on the last day or in the playoffs.

Lost five players more than proven in the division and known to be attracting interest from bigger clubs, and they seem to be shrugging their shoulders saying “well, if they don’t want to be here”.

I get the impression from the odd time I've read their forum that a fair few expect a considerable belt tightening with the rebuild.

Amazing to think that Browne played in the Wycombe final! He was quite disappointing as I recall.
Im afraid I still blame him for that loss he could have retained possession or stopped the pass upfield that led to their goal. Heres hoping we get payback today. Come on Marcus.

Back
Top Bottom