Ref Watch 17/02/2024 L1: Wycombe Wanderers v OUFC - Mark Wilson (was Simon Mather)

How was Mark Wilson performance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As we've won the game with a clean sheet, I'm happy to give the ref a point for every goal we scored.

Well, I would if 12 was an option. It will just have to be a 10.

replacement referee Wilson was poor. Inconsistent, missed so, so many infringements right in front of him, 'missed/ didn't see 2 potential pen shouts ( Goodwin shirt pull/ attempted removal followed by foul on RR who was booked - for diving) easily conned by WW players - who are masters at that kind of thing . a poor 3 from me

Stonewall pen not given, isn’t good enough. Blew up for pathetic things and gave Wycombe everything and then didn’t give us the same fouls back. Referees have to be held accountable. I’d want an apology for that penalty not given and Rodrigues yellow to be recinded. Neither will happen. Pathetic. 2 from me.

According to the stats I’ve just read, he has not refereed a game for at least eight years. Just been an assistant. Would have been better to get someone from the crowd.

I haven't seen it back, but I thought Goodwin might have fouled one of their players just before the pen shout. Of course the ref didn't spot that one either (if indeed I'm right!)

It is how time and time again the refs are conned by Wycombe's antics, getting fouls for minimal contact. One soft touch on the back and they are down. They must practice it in training.
Do the ref's watch the match back 48 hours later and look at their own performance, if the did surely they would learn from their mistakes and clubs like Wycombe, and Steve Evan's teams would be found out.

Apparently, on the changeover of the ref they failed to hand over the mic so there was no communication between ref, linesmen & 4th official in the first half.
That is just plain incompetence.

It is how time and time again the refs are conned by Wycombe's antics, getting fouls for minimal contact. One soft touch on the back and they are down. They must practice it in training.
Do the ref's watch the match back 48 hours later and look at their own performance, if the did surely they would learn from their mistakes and clubs like Wycombe, and Steve Evan's teams would be found out.
Must have been watching Harry Kane and Jack Grealish

Apparently, on the changeover of the ref they failed to hand over the mic so there was no communication between ref, linesmen & 4th official in the first half.
That is just plain incompetence.
I'm very curious about this because even if in the moment they make this mistake (which is clumsy but forgivable) why does it not get rectified at half time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom