Current Player #18 Marcus McGuane

A fair few people on here said he was done and we’d never see him in an Oxford shirt again but interesting that he was Des’ first choice to come on to replace Goodrham. Did fairly well in trying circumstances as well, shame that shot didn’t find the bottom corner. Depending on how Tyler recovers we could be seeing him play one last huge match for us at Wembley…

A fair few people on here said he was done and we’d never see him in an Oxford shirt again but interesting that he was Des’ first choice to come on to replace Goodrham. Did fairly well in trying circumstances as well, shame that shot didn’t find the bottom corner. Depending on how Tyler recovers we could be seeing him play one last huge match for us at Wembley…
I really want to see him return to form. Would love to have seen him bury that shot

Yes, he did well. Unlucky with that shot, not sure what he was doing with that mis-hit back pass from about 45 yards that went out for a corner though!!!

I thought we had bought Findlay on by mistake when he did that.

Both he and Long took a little while to settle down but when they did they were fine.

Last edited:

I've been one of his biggest critics, but I'm happy enough to admit that he did well last night.

I think that's the situation he's most effective - he's a game manager and and game killer. Exactly what we needed last night when we were playing a little tired against a decent side who were coming at us. I still believe he is not the right fit for Plan A DesBall when we need midfielders whose first instinct is 'Get it forward quick' (either pinging a quality ball, or carrying it is fine) rather than 'I'd better play a 45 yard back pass so nothing goes wrong'.

Be interesting to see what Des does if Tyler can't go at Wembley. I think I would be aggressive and go Bodin (especially because the last Bolton game was the absolute low point of the Cam-MM midfield duo) but I will accept that it's not a straightforward call.

Yes, he did well. Unlucky with that shot, not sure what he was doing with that mis-hit back pass from about 45 yards that went out for a corner though!!!
Seems to recall Tiendalli did the same at the Kassam once - and inevitably they did score from it.

I've been one of his biggest critics, but I'm happy enough to admit that he did well last night.

I think that's the situation he's most effective - he's a game manager and and game killer. Exactly what we needed last night when we were playing a little tired against a decent side who were coming at us. I still believe he is not the right fit for Plan A DesBall when we need midfielders whose first instinct is 'Get it forward quick' (either pinging a quality ball, or carrying it is fine) rather than 'I'd better play a 45 yard back pass so nothing goes wrong'.

Be interesting to see what Des does if Tyler can't go at Wembley. I think I would be aggressive and go Bodin (especially because the last Bolton game was the absolute low point of the Cam-MM midfield duo) but I will accept that it's not a straightforward call.
Definitely Bodin for me.

This. This is my lasting memory of Marcus from that game unfortunately - can you imagine if they'd scored from the resulting corner??!

I’d be tempted to put McEachran holding and Brannagan higher up - Josh has played brilliantly recently and if he’s kept that kind of form up then the big Wembley pitch could suit him.

But I’m sure Des will make the right call!
I was thinking the exact same. Are we saying Tyler's out for the final??

Back
Top Bottom