Home Match Day Thread 24/04/2021 L1 OUFC v Plymouth Argyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
3 to go. Should we keep on fighting for the playoffs or blood some youngster?

REF WATCH :

Elc27fKWoAI0OHi

Devonshire based Brett Huxtable is the man in the middle for today’s big match against Plymouth Argyle.
Huxtable was appointed to the National List in 2016. He has refereed 27 matches this season issuing 90 yellow cards
and four reds.

LAST SIX OXFORD UTD GAMES :

February 14th 2021 - Oxford U 2-1 Wigan
December 29th 2020 - Plymouth 2-3 Oxford U
August 19th 2019 - Oxford U 2-4 Burton
February 2nd 2019 - Burton 0-0 Oxford U
January 1st 2019 - Plymouth 3-0 Oxford U
January 13th 2018 - Walsall 2-1 Oxford U

FIRST OXFORD UTD GAME :

December 10th 2016 - Oxford U 1-1 Oldham

I hope History doesn't repeat itself. Accrington were spanked 7-0 a week before they then beat us!

Is this the fist “must win” game of the season? By hook or by crook, a win please.

PLAYED FOR BOTH :

DQJTQAKX0AAJwGq

Includes Darren Purse, Colin Clarke, Andy Thomas, Deane Smalley, Ryan Taylor, Tariq Holmes-Dennis,
Chris Hargreaves, Alex MacDonald, Nicky Banger, Paul Wotton and Steve Maclean.

Having lost their last game 6 0 they will be desperate not to lose and put up a much more dogged performance. That result was the worst possible for us
I see a defensive performance from them and we will have to break them down they will hope to hit us on the break
Hope we win but can see a draw 1 1
thus ending the playoff hopes.

Early ko is Pompey V Brizzle. Routine home win but anything less than a win for Rovers today sees them relegated.

I doubt 74 points will be enough in the end (a number that looked wishful thinking 10 games in) but stranger things have happened so be good to see us give it our best shot.

Poor start followed by wasted opportunities will probably be our headline this season. Very happy to eat those words if I need to.

The first of three wins that I think might still leave us short. But we have to give ourselves the chance of going into the Burton game with something to play for, something few would have thought possible.

Plymouth will have their pride to play for, and we'll see a response, but I expect a response from us too. And ultimately we are better in every department and should get the win we need.

2 nil Oxford, Taylor with both. And with Charlton playing Peterborough, and Lincoln playing Hull, teams above will drop points. I also think that at least one of Blackpool, Pompey and Sunderland will slip up so this season is far from over.

Just been doing an in depth look at the table and fixtures. It IS still on. Charlton catchable based on their tough fixtures and who knows about Blackpool. Need Pompey to mess up and just the matter of 9 out of 9 from us. Simple. Ahem but of course the path of true football never runs smooth. COYY. Make me forget the pain of Tuesday first.

The first of three wins that I think might still leave us short. But we have to give ourselves the chance of going into the Burton game with something to play for, something few would have thought possible.
I thought it was very possible when 1-0 up and dominating the game against AFC Wimbledon!

If Portsmouth don’t win it could get interesting again. That their game ends right as the players will be getting ready to walk down the tunnel could be significant. If they fail to pick up three points then we will know that a win blows the doors open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom