• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oxford United FC
@OUFCOfficial
·
3h
Into the final three, 𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗗 ✊

You've played your part by selling out our away trip to Forest Green Rovers but every ticket sold will make a difference for our final two home games.

This is promotional work at its best 🤣

Hopefully Cheltenham will be asking themselves whether they'd prefer to play us or Morecambe next season. They've already lost their FGR derby.

No doubt the bar chart at the head of this thread will continue to profess an optimistic (and generally unrealistic) view of our chance of winning. It was ever thus (have a look back at previous predictions) and no doubt will be the same until the end of the season.
Let’s please not underestimate Cheltenham; my home town team has some of the spirit and fight that we have lacked for much of the last few months. They would like to relegate us, make no mistake; largely because they slightly resent our bigger budget and our still lingering sense of entitlement. The manager has done well with limited resources; we have, as we know, blown ours away.
OK, we should win from many perspectives but please let’s not make assumptions about “little Cheltnum” - they will give us a hard time. And, as an aside, Alfie May is on a financial incentive to score two more goals.
For the record, I think we’ll draw. A defeat and I’ll have to stay indoors here for at least a month. I can’t survive on a fluky win at Whaddon Road earlier in the season for much longer……

Who will start up front? I hope Liam is aware of our precarious position

No doubt the bar chart at the head of this thread will continue to profess an optimistic (and generally unrealistic) view of our chance of winning. It was ever thus (have a look back at previous predictions) and no doubt will be the same until the end of the season.
Let’s please not underestimate Cheltenham; my home town team has some of the spirit and fight that we have lacked for much of the last few months. They would like to relegate us, make no mistake; largely because they slightly resent our bigger budget and our still lingering sense of entitlement. The manager has done well with limited resources; we have, as we know, blown ours away.
OK, we should win from many perspectives but please let’s not make assumptions about “little Cheltnum” - they will give us a hard time. And, as an aside, Alfie May is on a financial incentive to score two more goals.
For the record, I think we’ll draw. A defeat and I’ll have to stay indoors here for at least a month. I can’t survive on a fluky win at Whaddon Road earlier in the season for much longer……

No-one with half a brain is underestimating Chelts!

(That's not meant to sound as aggressive as it possibly does!)

Who will start up front? I hope Liam is aware of our precarious position
I can well imagine that he is aware but, looking at the squad available to him and, the assessments from training, does he have many options? I'm hoping that GO'D's injury was nothing more than a bruise and that he will be fit enough to play some part. Tyler Smith doesn't appear to be considered up to the task and everyone else is already filling other roles. We need to score goals, we need to be on the front foot and playing aggressively. I would like to see Cam more forward with McGuane tucked in behind him. Whoever gets the nod on the wings must be willing to run all game. Most importantly, whoever gets the ball has to show enough skill to retain possession and move the ball on again. So many wayward passes and balls just bouncing off players on Saturday.

He's gotta play Smith tomorrow, surely?
We don't really have any other options.
Who cares what he's like in training, lets see what he can do with a decent run out on the pitch. Give him the chance to be a hero for us.
Some players are crap in training, but decent in matches. I remember watching the team of 84/85 era training once. Aldridge looked lazy to me, cutting corners on everything.. he didn't do too badly in games. Its not like we're even asking him to do much. just kick the ball at the goal and keep in on target (and not straight into the keepers waiting arms this time).

Anyone want to have a guess what the attendance will be tomorrow? Marketing seems absolutely flat about this fixture and has been for a while despite it always leading up to be a crucial game. Any club with a brain in the commercial department would've ran a special offer on these recent fixtures with so many in succession i.e 3 adult tickets for £50 for the Bolton, Pompey and Cheltenham fixtures. Last Tuesday just felt so depleted in the stands despite an alleged 8,500-odd.

This should be a 10,000 fixture but we'll be lucky to break 7,750 at this rate unless I'm missing something..

We obviously won’t but I’d like to see the following line-up

Eastwood
Long. Moore. Brown
Anderson. McGuane. Brannagan. Fleming
Bodin
Joseph. Smith

Marcus Browne for Bodin if he’s not quite ready

s**t or Bust. Let’s get at them!

I am.not sure that anybody would underestimate Cheltenham, especially with Alfie May in such good form

Anyone want to have a guess what the attendance will be tomorrow? Marketing seems absolutely flat about this fixture and has been for a while despite it always leading up to be a crucial game. Any club with a brain in the commercial department would've ran a special offer on these recent fixtures with so many in succession i.e 3 adult tickets for £50 for the Bolton, Pompey and Cheltenham fixtures. Last Tuesday just felt so depleted in the stands despite an alleged 8,500-odd.

This should be a 10,000 fixture but we'll be lucky to break 7,750 at this rate unless I'm missing something..
Totally agree. They should have a promo to get tickets for tomorrow and Accrington for some significantly reduced rate. Numbers in seats are far more important than numbers on the bank balance at this stage (and in the grand scheme of things, the financial aspect of staying up will outweigh any lost funds due to reduced ticket prices).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom