Away Match Day Thread 31/10/2023 L1: Lincoln City v OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We are a striker, and a right sided fullback away from being title winners. With Browne and Edwards back we will be irresistible to watch.

Quite remarkable what was achieved in the summer.
Any news as to when we might see them again?

I think we are a right back, a centre mid and 2 strikers short. One might be a loan, but we will pick up injuries and fatigue no doubt. We need more quality and depth to cope with the fixtures on all fronts.

I think we are genuinely awesome and nicely positioned for the January window. I can’t imagine manning not being backed again this time.

Basically, we need to do what Plymouth did last season.

They were well positioned at the end of the year, and then brought in five new players within ten days of the January window opening.

None of those players were absolute superstars, but they all made significant contributions and helped give them the depth to get the season over the line......

We are a striker, and a right sided fullback away from being title winners. With Browne and Edwards back we will be irresistible to watch.

Quite remarkable what was achieved in the summer.
What we need to do is to stay in or around the Top 2 until the end if the year.
I have no doubt that if we are up there Manning will be backed.

Agree that the summer was excellent, and Manning also realised at the end of last season , that we already had a lot of very good players.
Long, Moore, Brown, Brannagan McGuane, Goodrham, Bodin, Negru have all had a big part to play this season and quality needed to be added ( Beadle Leigh, McEachran, Harris, Mills). He rightly appreciated that whole scale change was not needed.

I think you're being incredibly unfair on Harris. He played well this evening and certainly isn't 'a bit crap' as you so poetically put it. And the 2023 Pat Hoban; really!?
Of course we are light on options but I have no doubt if we stick with Harris, he will start to score. Works hard, technically sound, intelligent footballer and if others around him were as selfless as he is, he would have probably scored a few more by now. (different position, but I remember all the negativity around Sykes previously and now he’s comfortably a championship player and scoring plenty). Give him a bit more time. Watch this space.

Of their forum
We are behind against the best team to visit Sincil Bank this season. It will be interesting to see how Tom Shaw resets the team to compete in the second half.

Can see why Oxford are near top of league. Deserve their lead.

I think that's what's called being played off the park - hopefully we can turn it around in the 2nd half

There have been little nuggets of positive play, but overall, Oxford just look a class above.

Their extra man in midfield is causing all sorts of problems.

Oxford are clearly a quality L1 side..

Oxford are an excellent side

Best team won. Well played Oxford.

Oxford are a quality team at league one. We didn’t have a sniff.

Thoroughly good performance from Oxford and they’ll be up there at the end.

Oxford are a very good side and unfortunately we had no answer to them

Oxford on the other hand was really good. They played football while we were just kicking the ball around like bunch of strangers.

Oxford deserved their win, they were better on and off the ball and much better organised. Rhey looked hungry while we were careless and slow at times. They looked a top 6 side while we looked a bottom half team.

Outclassed by a very good side. After a bright start the poor defending for the Oxford goal deflated our confidence and built up theirs.

Oxford were the best side we have played so far this season.

However the loss was not Mandroiu's fault. Overall we looked a very tired and one-paced team, who were set up tactically to do a Charlton on Oxford. Unfortunately Oxford were miles better than Charlton,

A few comments on whether Oxford are a good team or not. I’ve just had a look at the league table and it’s telling me that in the first quarter of the season they’re the second best in the division.So

Last edited:
I agree with others that the summer window was impressive recruitment wise. What was even more impressive was that a clear system was identified, worked on and implemented in only a few short months as well!

I’m not sure manning could have been expected to do anymore. A strong Jan window and he has a fantastic chance of promotion at the first time of asking!

Liam Manning did say getting Greg Leigh was one that hit a stumbling block but an Ipswich friend of his called Hines him and asked if he was still interested, the rest is history and we have a great signing.

Liam Manning did say getting Greg Leigh was one that hit a stumbling block but an Ipswich friend of his called Hines him and asked if he was still interested, the rest is history and we have a great signing.
Yes, and since day 1, Leigh has been full of positive energy - full of 'Beans' one could say.

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom