Ex Player Ateef Konate

He signed shortly after our win over Ipswich I believe. The intense fog during that game put me in a coma and I only woke up from it last night to see us beat Cheltenham 4-0.

I’ve not gone back through the results yet, but presumably we’ve done OK in the intervening three months? Lots of wins after we bolstered in January one can only assume.

You should probably know that KR is now King of England and also the Prime Minister.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Age is irrelevant if he's only played U21 standard football or less than 20 games of 4th/5th tier French football (Bear in mind Osei Yaw played 10 times in the 2nd/3rd Tier). Clearly the loan was wrong for him and us.
He was compared to an 17/18 Carlton Morris which at the age of 22 is a massive difference if he hasn't played at any decent level yet in general not saying just about our loan ....and if good enough surely would have been playing .

We were totally the wrong sort of club for him at this stage of his career. And he wasn't the sort of player we needed. He really needed to go to a comfy mid-table side who were in need of a flair player. Not a relegation threatened side who were lacking confidence and structure under a failure of a manager.
We were a comfy mid table side when he signed.

Would I be right in thinking that was against Spurs who we signed him from, or am I making that up?!
No, think it was against Southampton at The Manor. From what I remember he was signed quite close to the game, and on the day of his debut the PA system at The Manor was on the blink so a lot of the crowd had no idea who he was (remembering this was before the Internet, and before names on shirts)

No, think it was against Southampton at The Manor. From what I remember he was signed quite close to the game, and on the day of his debut the PA system at The Manor was on the blink so a lot of the crowd had no idea who he was (remembering this was before the Internet, and before names on shirts)
yes was Southampton

He was compared to an 17/18 Carlton Morris which at the age of 22 is a massive difference if he hasn't played at any decent level yet in general not saying just about our loan ....and if good enough surely would have been playing .

There are loads like Konate in that age range who haven't played decent senior football but played loads of u21 football.

Was he even in the programme for that game[emoji848]

The match was boxing day, so if he was signed close to that then no as the programme wouldve been printed a good few days prior

Ah, thanks. Pretty sure I was at the game but the old memory ain't what it was!

Ox Mail saying he made 5 appearances... seems a bit high to me, thought it was only 1 or 2.

Back
Top Bottom