Tickets Bolton Wanderers v OUFC Ticket Thread

Just sold two more so I am doing my bit.

I am probably over worrying, but i have built a lot of my pride in life around the fact we take over 30,000 to Wembley, should have probably done something worthwhile instead but there you go, not much I can do about that now.

Worse comes to worse I will just buy a couple of thousand on Friday and declare myself bankrupt on Monday.

Last edited:
For Cup finals like Milk Cup, the Trophy x2 we had plenty of notice.
But for the Conference final it can't have been long after the last game?
We won the second leg on a Monday, and then the final was the Sunday a week later (12 or 13 days)

Looking back, it seems the play-off semi-final 2nd leg is always midweek, with the final on a week-end so about 9 days after the second leg.
It would be stupid to have players training for 16 days, just get on with it.
Most OUFC fans will have bookmarked next Saturday as the play-off final date for months.
For fans needing to book travel and accomodation, it obviously adds an expense if flying.

We didn’t take 36,000 though did we?

We won’t sell out the allocation now, 21,000 sales in a week isn’t happening after season tickets and members could buy 6 each.

The big question is how many we will sell, I have been running the numbers in my head and I have settled on 28,000, admittedly if my head is a computer it’s an old fashioned broken one but that’s the number, which would be our first sub 30,000 Wembley crowd and a bit disappointing so hopefully I am as wrong as ever.
I think many are waiting for certain specific blocks to open up. I know its not going to be a sell out but Wembleys block release plan must have been designed by the sales prevention officer. Completely bizarre.

I think many are waiting for certain specific blocks to open up. I know its not going to be a sell out but Wembleys block release plan must have been designed by the sales prevention officer. Completely bizarre.

It seems a lot of people waiting but then I have no patience at all so I am a bad judge of that sort of thing.

It seems a terrible system to me, the main job of a ticket selling system should be to make buying tickets easy and encourage as many people to buy them as possible, that seems to me that it’s not at the top of the list of priorities here, I am guessing it’s to save money on staffing costs at the game.

Not ticket related but what's the best plan for the train for a group of 4 from Abingdon/Drayton? Didcot is a fairly simple change but Ox Parkway direct, is the car park likely to fill up there though?
What time were you intending to catch the train from parkway, I may be able to help

the main job of a ticket selling system should be to make buying tickets easy and encourage as many people to buy them as possible
This is heresy. The main job of a ticket system as everyone knows is to slowly open up tickets from south to north with no clear understanding of when - or if - other blocks will become available whilst leaving a person called Gemma to deal with the mess and get it all sorted.

Take your radical ideas elsewhere @holdsteady

This is heresy. The main job of a ticket system as everyone knows is to slowly open up tickets from south to north with no clear understanding of when - or if - other blocks will become available whilst leaving a person called Gemma to deal with the mess and get it all sorted.

Take your radical ideas elsewhere @holdsteady

Yeah don’t know where I get these ridiculous radical ideas from sometimes, just ignore them.

There's only been five 70K L1 PO attendances ever, and the finals include Man City, Cardiff, Leeds, Sheffield Wed, Sunderland. So if Bolton and Oxford can get 70K I'd say we'd have done pretty well. I guess there will be about 15K neutrals, so we'd both have to sell around 27.5K.
If we did both sell out that would be over 80K Att which I think is unlikely as its never happened before.
As long as 1 fan turns up well have a higher official attendance than the Wycombe final.

There's only been five 70K L1 PO attendances ever, and the finals include Man City, Cardiff, Leeds, Sheffield Wed, Sunderland. So if Bolton and Oxford can get 70K I'd say we'd have done pretty well. I guess there will be about 15K neutrals, so we'd both have to sell around 27.5K.
If we did both sell out that would be over 80K Att which I think is unlikely as its never happened before.
As long as 1 fan turns up well have a higher official attendance than the Wycombe final.

15k neutrals seems a lot?

I had the 4th bookmarked for Deeper Purple and the 18th for Wrong Jovi

Missing both

OUFC comes first, not sure if missus was too happy though 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Bloody hell, I think following your trip to Wembley you will need to keep the faith that your relationship survives. Your decision could leave her thinking that your love is like bad medicine, but if however you can convince her to take your hand, then we will make it to the championship, I swear.

Well I think we might sell out. I along with many other supporters are not members or St holders and are having to wait until Monday. I am on the system having bought tickets in the past and received plenty of communications from the club it’s a bit weird not being allowed to buy tickets yet. Touch wood it won’t be a problem on Monday! As an oap there seems to be a 50% discount which is generous and I definitely want a cat1 ticket round the side. You get a much better view than behind the goal. Hopefully those seats are still available.

Yeah don’t know where I get these ridiculous radical ideas from sometimes, just ignore them.
You’ll be saying that our Wembley play off final fan t-shirts shouldn’t be in Bolton Wanderers colours next.

Hi all - apologies if this question has been asked already (I did skim the thread and FAQ).

I'm a newly registered Yellow Member (as of yesterday). It seems that I will not be able to buy tickets on Monday, or at all, since I registered too late. Other than Club Wembley tickets, are there any other ways for us to attend the final? Perhaps neutral tickets will go on sale at some point, or Oxford side tickets to those with late registered accounts?

Some background - bunch of Yanks on a stag hoping to attend the final (and ideally on the Oxford side).

Many thanks!

Back
Top Bottom