World Cup Brazil’s Firepower !

West Oxon U’s

Vinicius Jr, Neymar, Gabriel Jesus, Antony, Richarlison, Raphinha, Gabriel Martinelli, Pedro and Rodrygo.

Fg-V521XgAQUWtm

Ridiculous squad, some of the players they’ve not found room for is absurd

Think Brazil and France are a level above the rest in terms of quality at the moment

The only real weakness there is a pretty aged defence. Still, Thiago Silva still looks up with the pace at Chelsea so it may not be all bad.

Whilst they remain my favourites for it, I have a niggling doubt Brazil may be shock-and-awe like Argentina were in 2018. So much firepower up front that detracts from the weaker areas of their squad.

The only real weakness there is a pretty aged defence. Still, Thiago Silva still looks up with the pace at Chelsea so it may not be all bad.

Whilst they remain my favourites for it, I have a niggling doubt Brazil may be shock-and-awe like Argentina were in 2018. So much firepower up front that detracts from the weaker areas of their squad.
.... if the philosophy 'attack is the best sort of defence' applies you could well be right

The only real weakness in that side are the full backs. Bremer and Militao are both fantastic centre backs and are only 25 and 24 respectively - ready made replacements for the aging Silva and Marquinhos. If they can get a couple of full backs to come through ASAP we'll be in the midst of a potential domination on the international stage for a while.

Brazil as expected are what we used to call a 'Pamela Anderson' squad. Top heavy, and pleasing on the eye! Everyone wants to be attacker - including Alisson and Ederson, who both love to have frequent excursions outside their penalty area.

As is always the case, defence is always the question. Get it right, and a 6th World Cup could be theirs. Get it wrong, and they could receive a 7-1 thrashing similar to Germany in 2014.

I think people saying they are top-heavy are probably just a bit naive about the quality of the rest of their team because their defence and holding midfield positions are full of talent as well

All those attacking players and they'll pick Neymar who'll play for himself first.

Think Brazil and France are a level above the rest in terms of quality at the moment

Are France really that good in 2022?
Their attacking options are admittedly completely absurd - but defensively and in midfield? I don't see a whole heap of quality or experience there, now that they are without Pogba, Kante and have question marks over Varane.

They also only got one point in four games against Denmark and Croatia in the recent Nations League. Glorified friendlies, maybe, but still not a good sign.

I look at Brazil as having the best and deepest squad by some distance, and the tournament is theirs to win if they're well managed and they get it together.

If they don't, then I think there's about ten teams in a second tier that have a shot......and yes, England is one of those.

With that squad, I can only imagine Brazil are going for 4 up front. Similar to when they had Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo and Kaka. Maybe they play both Fabinho and Casemiro and hope they can stem the flow. Should be loadsa goals anyway.

The only real weakness in that side are the full backs. Bremer and Militao are both fantastic centre backs and are only 25 and 24 respectively - ready made replacements for the aging Silva and Marquinhos. If they can get a couple of full backs to come through ASAP we'll be in the midst of a potential domination on the international stage for a while.
Marquinhos is 28…

That Brazil attack is sick 😜 but can they play as a team or will they be a squad of individual brilliance you can't argue they've probably got the best squad at the tournament
I've had a feeling for the last few days of England Vs Brazil final I dunno why

Brazil often flatter to deceive ( their own WC as firm favourites when Germany destroyed them and a number of other examples- they are often the favourites )
I wouldn't be at all surprised if a well disciplined talented team beats Brazil ( Germany anybody?)
Neymar is extremely talented but seems to act like a spoiled child at times ( and the cheating / rolling around).
The Bookies seem to have them at around 4 to 1.

I think France might not live up to expectation as there has been rumours of in-fighting (again) in the squad and a few injuries to key players. It wouldn't suprise me if Denmark top that group as they have a really strong side now and beat France recently in the Nations League.

I think it will be one of the South American sides who wins it this time. Can't choose between Argentina and Brazil.

Marquinhos is 28…
Feels like he's been around ages, thought he was older! He was only 19 when he joined PSG, probably explains why I thought he was 30+. Only further solidifies the point that Brazil's attack isn't the only part of the squad with ridiculous quality 😅

Back
Top Bottom