Tickets Cambridge Away (05 Aug 23) Tickets and Trains

CCYellow

Tickets to go on sale on Wednesday

I'd expect tickets to be sold out by then, but interesting to note that even with a price increase on the day of £2, its cheaper to do that if going on your own than to buy in advance (£2 postage £1 transaction fee).

Last edited:
Wonder if this one will reach member sale, I hope so.

I hate how far back the stand is from the pitch, can we get terrace tickets in the side if we sell out the initial 1.1k?

Wonder if this one will reach member sale, I hope so.

I hate how far back the stand is from the pitch, can we get terrace tickets in the side if we sell out the initial 1.1k?

Wasn't able to do so when it sold out a couple of seasons ago on the opening day.

Looking forward to this one as my brother lives in Cambridge and it's an excuse to visit him and my new niece.

Taking my four year old to his first Oxford game so will have to sit away from the singers - going to be a miserable experience not standing for the whole game! Under 5's getting in for free makes up slightly for the tickets being so bloody expensive in the first place.

They haven't actually announced a strike, just that they won't be working overtime. This does mean there will be cancellations because train companies don't employ (or train) enough drivers. But it will still be possible to travel by train to Cambridge and back on that Saturday.

This affected me the weekend before last, there are still trains running but less of them and they don’t run as late (which done for me but I needed a midnight one so you should alright after football.

Madness that the 20 is plenty scheme never filtered down to the football league. £45 (plus £3) for a match ticket and coach is a steep IMO for league 1 football. That is before you have had a beer or 2 and a pie.

Overtime bans result in late notice on the day cancellations compared to full strike action which sees either zero service (when ASLEF), or massively reduced service (when RMT)

At the moment there are no full strikes scheduled during the opening stages of the football season, but I'm sure it won't be long given that the RMT tend to do at least one day per pay packet and they don't have any announced beyond 29th July currently.

That’s why I responded to the other post when they asked if they’ll be availability for members etc!!
Think it’s first come first serve, if we sell the 1050, we will get whatever extra they give us. 550 I’d imagine?

Overtime bans result in late notice on the day cancellations compared to full strike action which sees either zero service (when ASLEF), or massively reduced service (when RMT)

At the moment there are no full strikes scheduled during the opening stages of the football season, but I'm sure it won't be long given that the RMT tend to do at least one day per pay packet and they don't have any announced beyond 29th July currently.
There will be cancellations announced well in advance in some places as a result - they know in advance they won't be able to run trains because they have trimmed staffing to such a level they can't operate a normal service without voluntary overtime working. During the last overtime ban my wife had a couple of week's notice that the train she had booked to return from the SW wasn't running, but that she could travel on an alternate train (that was then packed).

There will be cancellations announced well in advance in some places as a result - they know in advance they won't be able to run trains because they have trimmed staffing to such a level they can't operate a normal service without voluntary overtime working. During the last overtime ban my wife had a couple of week's notice that the train she had booked to return from the SW wasn't running, but that she could travel on an alternate train (that was then packed).
Looking at this Saturday 22 July.
There is RMT strike action and last train out of London is 18:15.
Not sure whether it will be the same for Saturday 5 August and the ASLEF overtime ban.
Going to be a risk buying a match ticket at £25 + presumably £1 booking and £2 postage for a game I might not be able to get to on public transport.

Back
Top Bottom