Championship Championship Relegation Battle

Wandering Yellow

Awfully tight down at the bottom of the Championship:

1712568324595.png

Birmingham always seem to somehow stay up, will their luck run out?

I would like to see Plymouth stay up, until beating dead and buried Rotherham their form was atrocious and the smart money is likely on them to go down.

Assuming we don't go up, who would you like to see drop?

Millwall is a good away day, as is QPR (who seem to have hit form and look like they'll likely be ok.

Blackburn and Swansea could get sucked in but I assume they'll be fine. Blackburn is an a**e to get to, wouldn't mind Swansea in L1. You've got to assume whoever drops is going to be very very strong next season in L1.

They'll need every one of those 10 points from those 15 games that Wayne Rooney was in charge

The Rooney situation is why I'd genuinely laugh out loud if Brum go down. That would be quite the spectacular own goal of an appointment because the owners wanted a big name manager.

Otherwise I don't care although I'd be surprised if Swansea go down.

I still think Huddersfield will drop, then one of Plymouth, Sheff Wed or Millwall. As hilarious as Birmingham dropping would be, they almost nicked a point from Leicester and on paper have the strongest squad of any team down there.

Of course it won't matter because we're going up, but would most enjoy an away day at Birmingham or QPR next year if the worst happens.

The last time we played Birmingham City at this level Karen Brady apparently had questionable morals and now She has a Damehood, just shows you can really turn your life around if you leave a circus.

If we stay down I would like QPR to come down but can't see that happening, the rest are a bit of a muchness for me.

Stoke (obviously) and Birmingham would be awesome….
These are mine too, mainly because they'd be so easy to get to. I could even get back after an evening game (although Stoke would involve some very fast walking and some luck with the trains).

These are mine too, mainly because they'd be so easy to get to. I could even get back after an evening game (although Stoke would involve some very fast walking and some luck with the trains).
Stoke is a better away day (imo of course) than Vale. Closer to the town centre, I remember beer being very affordable there!

I feel like it's going to be Plymouth and Huddersfield joining Rotherham is league one next season BUT it would be fun to have stoke , Birmingham two teams we haven't played in the league for a long time

I feel like it's going to be Plymouth and Huddersfield joining Rotherham is league one next season BUT it would be fun to have stoke , Birmingham two teams we haven't played in the league for a long time
I can't remember us playing Stoke in the last 20 years, maybe my memory is failing me

I can't remember us playing Stoke in the last 20 years, maybe my memory is failing me
Last time was in February 2001 under Kemp. Surprisingly we didn't lose either, a 1-1 draw with Patto getting our goal.

Last time was in February 2001 under Kemp. Surprisingly we didn't lose either, a 1-1 draw with Patto getting our goal.
Looked it up and sounds like it was Darren Patterson's debut for us. I remember his era as manager.

He has completely disappeared from the football scene, hope he's doing well.

Whilst Birmingham would be very, very funny - and we haven't played them in a long time - they also have what ought to be a strong squad of players, and they've got relatively new owners with plenty of money (albeit they're clearly idiots). They would be extremely short odds to bounce straight back up under any even remotely competent manager.

In terms of having the easiest possible League One next season (assuming we're still there), then we should probably wish for either Plymouth and Millwall, or Plymouth and Wednesday (if their owner throws another hissy fit, and they become another financial basket case)

Stoke is a better away day (imo of course) than Vale. Closer to the town centre, I remember beer being very affordable there!
You are wrong, Vale is a much better awaday. Burslem has some decent pubs. Stoke is a shithole, with maybe The Glebe the exception, the ground is soulless, built on a hill that gets winds as bad as the Kass*m. The “town centre” if you mean Hanley stopped in 1972. Their fans are in the main delusional.

You are wrong, Vale is a much better awaday. Burslem has some decent pubs. Stoke is a shithole, with maybe The Glebe the exception, the ground is soulless, built on a hill that gets winds as bad as the Kass*m. The “town centre” if you mean Hanley stopped in 1972. Their fans are in the main delusional.
You should write travel guides, I can practically see the place from that...

If there is an area of Stoke worse than Burslem it must be apocalyptic. .

Back
Top Bottom