Championship Championship Relegation Battle

Just think if Mark Ashton was around with our owners just think what might have been

So Birmingham have replaced Derby next season where their fans will believe they will win every game.

If you take Birmingham’s 30 games without Rooney away and run the over 45 matches they go into this game safe, if they go down his appointment is the reason for it, terrible decision.
I've nothing against Birmingham City or their fans (who I feel very sorry for) but this is exactly the result deserved by the fools in charge who sacked John Eustace and replaced him with Rooney.

I’m not sure I get the De Zerbi hype. He started the season well but then has dipped massively and it’s like he almost started to let all the plaudits go to his head.
When the rumours about Liverpool being interested he started to have a pop at the top guys at the club which is never a good look.
In his defence it doesn’t take a lot to see why - Brighton injuries this season have been beyond ridiculous and it isn’t just a patch, it’s plagued them all season. He’s actually done quite well not to be dragged in to a dog fight when the bulk of the staple players have been missing for large parts and he’s had to patch it up with teenagers.

His brand of football is incredibly innovative and high risk which tends to suit a higher quality of player. He’s taken Potter’s work and taken them on another step and they did well in Europe. The managers that tend to thrive at big clubs have an element of lunacy charisma about them which he’s also got in abundance. I can see exactly what is attracting the big clubs.

Remember going to St Andrews midweek years ago. We lost 3-0, but the atmosphere was brilliant. I think David Rush missed a penalty for us. Kevin Francis scored for them, and I think Liam Daish got one for them. I can’t remember there other scorer for them.

Remember going to St Andrews midweek years ago. We lost 3-0, but the atmosphere was brilliant. I think David Rush missed a penalty for us. Kevin Francis scored for them, and I think Liam Daish got one for them. I can’t remember there other scorer for them.

The Barry Fry era for them iirc.

It was Claridge:

My mate, who lives in Retford, mentioned this game last night, he drove down and was locked out, I was in the ground, atmosphere was great

With Ipswich going up from the Championship and having back to back promotions and Forest Green having back to back relegations it’s hard to remember that we were in the same division as them both a year ago. When they kick off in August one will be in the prem, the other in the national league yet 15 months prior they were on the same league, that has to be a first for the speed of that size of gap to open up?

One of the most ridiculous self-inflicted relegations ever. They were 6th when they fired Eustace, and had just beaten West Brom!

Still, suspect they'll be tough next season if they have even a halfway competent manager (either Mowbray or Rowett would be sufficient). They'll likely have more money to spend than anyone at League One level has for a while......

Back
Top Bottom