General Commercial and Marketing

I`m a lucky man
I have a netwerk of 3 people, each with their own fan number. And all 3 are me!

Even though I regularly buy tickets for myself and the four others in my "network", I thought I'd just have a look to ensure a smooth process for buying our Wembley tickets.

What an effing palaver it was to find the page where you could actually view you details - must have clicked three buttons for "My Account" and one for "My Network" (which just told me how I can manage it without giving any links to it!).

Don't ask me where I found another "My Network" button in a drop down menu, coz I haven't a clue! At least that one worked and I could see everything was fine.....

The EFL's IT providers must have won awards for worst website navigation ever!

We're meeting the ticket manager after the season closes to go through the issues to have confidence they won't happen again.
There were several problems with yellows accounts not having been linked, although that affected the home tie more than the away. We are concerned at some apparent issues around tickets in baskets, timeout of payment etc.
Please email us details to ouspinfo@gmail.com, it will help to have your specific examples.
The sales for the away tie were unprecedented. By 4.05 every available seat was sold/in a basket awaiting payment. The message ‘there no tickets matching the search criteria’ will have appeared when the volume of tickets requested wasn’t available in the area the fan was searching in. This happened very early on due to the rapid sales.

We're meeting the ticket manager after the season closes to go through the issues to have confidence they won't happen again.
There were several problems with yellows accounts not having been linked, although that affected the home tie more than the away. We are concerned at some apparent issues around tickets in baskets, timeout of payment etc.
Please email us details to ouspinfo@gmail.com, it will help to have your specific examples.
The sales for the away tie were unprecedented. By 4.05 every available seat was sold/in a basket awaiting payment. The message ‘there no tickets matching the search criteria’ will have appeared when the volume of tickets requested wasn’t available in the area the fan was searching in. This happened very early on due to the rapid sales.
In our case at 4:01p.m. We even tried as individual tickets and met with the same routine. Update profile, prove you are not a bot and lastly, no tickets meet your criteria. Never saw any options for areas of the stand.

Right, cards on the table, I managed to reserve my home Peterborough tickets with no problem, and also got two away tickets too, so I'm not coming at this from the embittered position of someone who has missed out.

BUT, the ticket system is a mess and is not particularly user friendly, and I can easily understand how people got confused, leading to missing out, in the short space of time before the away tickets sold out. My friend, who sits next to me, is on my network, and I'm on his, but both of us had previously had to phone Gemma at the ticket office to be talked through, step by step, click by click, how to do this, as it's so well hidden. Although we're retired, he was a Financial Director and me a Managing Director, so we're not idiots, but we just could not work out how to do it without Gemma leading us through it.

I had a £50 credit put onto my account at the start of the season, for introducing a new season ticket holder, but spent half of the season being convinced that it was not there, as I couldn't see it on my account. Again, it was only when being led through, click by click, by Gemma that I was able to find it, and it had been there all season! Once again though it was not easily visible, unless you knew where to look.

Lastly, when buying more than one ticket, you have to select the quantity in the left hand window, and then a box is visible in the right hand window, where you select your category of ticket (adult, Over 65, Under 18 etc), but this box only allows you to buy one ticket. There is a totally separate box beneath it, and off screen, which you have to scroll down to, to buy the second ticket. Again, this is really poorly presented, and it nearly caught me out in my haste to get Peterborough away tickets, as I momentarily forgot it was there. This particular issue most definitely needs to be made more obvious, as I suspect quite a few people may have been caught out by it for the Peterborough away game, as it throws up an error message if you don't scroll down and select the second box.

What I would suggest is that the club produce an idiot proof, step by step, guide for all of these things, using screen shots saying things like "click here" "scroll here" etc as it is apparent that many of us find the site to be a million miles away from being user friendly.

Sadly, my experience of the people who are above Gemma in this department of the club, is that they will try to cover their arses and say everything is fine, when the overwhelming evidence is that the system may "work" but it is very very unwieldy and not user friendly. We can't all be wrong.

Right, cards on the table, I managed to reserve my home Peterborough tickets with no problem, and also got two away tickets too, so I'm not coming at this from the embittered position of someone who has missed out.

BUT, the ticket system is a mess and is not particularly user friendly, and I can easily understand how people got confused, leading to missing out, in the short space of time before the away tickets sold out. My friend, who sits next to me, is on my network, and I'm on his, but both of us had previously had to phone Gemma at the ticket office to be talked through, step by step, click by click, how to do this, as it's so well hidden. Although we're retired, he was a Financial Director and me a Managing Director, so we're not idiots, but we just could not work out how to do it without Gemma leading us through it.

I had a £50 credit put onto my account at the start of the season, for introducing a new season ticket holder, but spent half of the season being convinced that it was not there, as I couldn't see it on my account. Again, it was only when being led through, click by click, by Gemma that I was able to find it, and it had been there all season! Once again though it was not easily visible, unless you knew where to look.

Lastly, when buying more than one ticket, you have to select the quantity in the left hand window, and then a box is visible in the right hand window, where you select your category of ticket (adult, Over 65, Under 18 etc), but this box only allows you to buy one ticket. There is a totally separate box beneath it, and off screen, which you have to scroll down to, to buy the second ticket. Again, this is really poorly presented, and it nearly caught me out in my haste to get Peterborough away tickets, as I momentarily forgot it was there. This particular issue most definitely needs to be made more obvious, as I suspect quite a few people may have been caught out by it for the Peterborough away game, as it throws up an error message if you don't scroll down and select the second box.

What I would suggest is that the club produce an idiot proof, step by step, guide for all of these things, using screen shots saying things like "click here" "scroll here" etc as it is apparent that many of us find the site to be a million miles away from being user friendly.

Sadly, my experience of the people who are above Gemma in this department of the club, is that they will try to cover their arses and say everything is fine, when the overwhelming evidence is that the system may "work" but it is very very unwieldy and not user friendly. We can't all be wrong.
Gemma is a little darling a very helpful young lady

Part of my job is as a 'Front End' designer, and things like this really annoy me. It shows a failure in the design phase most probably caused by not getting the correct stakeholders involved in the planning stage - and in this case the stakeholder should be a group taken from the fanbase who would be using the system. You don't just design a front end without user input into it. It wouldn't have taken long to reach out to a group such as OUSP and asked for help putting together a test group for the system, watched as they ran through the process, and updated as issues were identified. If you need to provide a step by step guide for a system such as this, you've failed in your primary objective of 'make it frictionless to sell my goods'.

But then, this was always going to happen when you decide to scrap a system in the middle of the season at short notice and try to rush a replacement through...

Gemma is a little darling a very helpful young lady
All of the ticket office staff are superb, never known anything but polite help and friendly attitude - they are fans and supporters too, so that helps.
However, I agree with @Colin B on the set up of the ticketing site. The need to scroll down to select a second ticket resonates. Took me several goes to figure that one out. I have said this before, the club need to get expert help on the set up. Tell the EFL to do one and get in a professional. The recent change of whatever it was that caused the ticket site to go down for more than a few days is testament to the lack of expertise. Many on here, who are far more computer literate than me, said as much. To repeat myself, we are on the cusp of the Championship, awaiting permission to build a brand new state of the art stadium and yet, we rely on some very flimsy software to sell tickets - it's just not clever.

Maybe its just me but I find it fairly simple.
I have two options from the home page to select iFollow (RIP) or Yellows Account.
Click YA and there I am - 1 linked ST and a pretty straightforward list of options.

If I click Yellows Account from the drop down and then the (very small) Linked Accounts title, I see this
1000005954.jpg

No mention of any others accounts, but I am able to manage all these ones (although I had to put a Peterborough coach ticket in my basket to see it!
1000005956.jpg
?

The issue here is the system is overly-complex for no reason. It could, and should, be incredibly simple.

The fact it feels like every other week I'm getting emails to tell me to reset my password or triple check my details sums it up - it isn't working.

When I tried updating my yellows account on my mobile it kept asking me to prove I wasn't a robot, but offered no way of doing it, no picking out the squares with a bicycle in or whatever. Got access to a laptop and managed to do it on there but I did think not everyone has access other than a smartphone, I have had spells of my life when that has been the case.

When I tried updating my yellows account on my mobile it kept asking me to prove I wasn't a robot, but offered no way of doing it, no picking out the squares with a bicycle in or whatever. Got access to a laptop and managed to do it on there but I did think not everyone has access other than a smartphone, I have had spells of my life when that has been the case.
Maybe connected. I was trying to book a hotel the other day using a laptop on a public wifi, and kept getting the "are you a robot" and couldn't make any progress. My antivirus Norton has a default to switching to a VPN for insecure networks, so I think this may have triggered the hotel website into thinking I was a bot scraping for prices or something.

Norton also has a very bad user interface, so trying to switch off the autovpn wasn't easy, and ended up having to reboot.
[waits for some IT nerd to tell me how I have now compromised all my data over the wifi and left my laptop open to hacking]

But last time I tried to get a cup ticket via my phone it didn’t really work and the seat map was far too small to use - not optimised for mobile. Don’t know if that’s changed now.

I’ve worked out why I didn’t get tickets, it’s simply this: I represented my network of 5 and that was our undoing. With the volume of requests, I simply didn’t get a slot, despite being online for 10 minutes before the 4PM opening. Just too many requests.

I’ve never had a problem before, but this is an unusual situation where a massive game coincides with minimal availability.

I’m not sure embittered applies to me, but there’s no doubt that I feel incredibly disappointed to be missing out. Like some on here, I go to many away games and have done for decades, and I certainly would be someone who benefits from a points based tiering system should one be introduced. It’ll hurt to not be at a huge Oxford game for the first time since I’ve been going, but I certainly wouldn’t have wanted to be there without my son.

There’s no doubt that the ticketing system is still throwing up unnecessarily confusing steps (on occasion), though often it is very easy (I say that as a 40 year career IT professional). Should we progress, the club has got to sort this out ahead of a narrow window of time between the semis and the final.

To all those that are lucky enough to be going, enjoy the game and do your part to roar the team onto victory. If you feel yourself becoming quiet, remember those of us who would give a limb or two to be there in your place.

i know quite a few people got "caught out" by this part

i have done in the past as well but fortunately not on such a time sensitive/high demand match

How do you create a network of fan numbers on your account ? I have friends who are so out of the loop technology wise that they make me look like the secret lovechild of Bill Gates and Steve Jobs and i can't work out how to do it.
Thanks in advance to anyone with an idiotproof guide

You can email the club with the fan numbers and they can do it for you. I did this last week for Peterborough tickets.

Otherwise, I think the people you want to add receive an email with a link they need to click on to accept/reject being added to your network. It's been a while since I've added someone to my network this way though so it may have changed.

Back
Top Bottom