Manager/Coach Des Buckingham

The acid test for Des, is the summer recruitment and moving on players. That's quite exciting and I hope he has as much involvement in possible in discussing the targets that will suit his style. After all, he's had to work with what he was given and that's not ideal for any manager with a certain style.

Very late with this after Saturday but huge congratulations to Des (and the players) for getting across the line. I'm absolutely thrilled for him after his difficult start and he deserves an enormous amount of credit for his part in turning things around after the Bolton game.

Just goes to show what can happen if you allow a manager some time. We're in with a chance of promotion, and go into the play-offs with a bit of confidence and some key players back in form. Can't wait for Saturday.

I was a big Dave Smith fan, and felt he didn't get the recognition he deserved, but he was an integral part of that side
I had 4 and his name on the back of my shirt. He was actually mock cult at the back center of the London road during that period. When everyone was chanting moody or jemson there was a bunch by the central divide who used to channel his name

Once the players down tools, and you lose large chunks of the fanbase. It only ends with one outcome.

It’s an ideal time to pull the trigger in my opinion. We know we are safe, and we have time to do a proper process, and let’s say 4 games before the end of the season. It would give the new manager a chance to see who he wants to keep, and has the whole summer to bring in players, that he feels we need to build a balanced squad.

I’d happily take Short until the change is made. Mike Duff is very appealing.

Oop 👀.

Let’s not rewrite history, parts of this season were f*****g dire and actually getting worse.

Did anyone, genuinely, hand on heart see this coming after Bolton?!

It’s been an incredible turnaround and huge credit given, but to suggest it was only ever a matter of time is fanciful at best. Something changed and clicked.

Des looks like a manager now rather than a lost soul.

Let’s not rewrite history, parts of this season were f*****g dire and actually getting worse.

It’s been an incredible turnaround and huge credit given, but to suggest it was only ever a matter of time is fanciful at best. Something changed and clicked.

I certainly didn't. Something changed after Bolton.

I don't think we really showed what we can be like over the 2 legs but we found a way through, and that's good management in hindsight.

I think that’s the point , we were dire and Bolton was a real low point but he sorted it out, massive credit to him for that.

Came fifth you miserable c**t, just give it a rest for one night.

Back
Top Bottom