Ref Watch Fleetwood Town V Oxford United L1 16/9/2023 Will Finney

Rate The Ref

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
Staring this thread pre match as Im going to be driving at 5pm

it'll be ready to go at full time - hope he's better than the last League 1 referee we had!

Last edited:
Has let a lot go so far. A few heavy challenges unpunished, and no yellow for a blatant pullback.
Yellow for foul on Rodrigues looked right to me

Wasn't awful like our last two refs, and despite two potential red card calls, he was consistent with cards the entire game so can't really complain. Think if that was a tighter game I'd be much more peeved with a few of the decisions but I don't think any "wrong" decision was a howler.

Having watched the game via iFollow and having the benefit of replays, I feel confident to say that there was a very strong argument for a red card (tackle on Rodriguez) and more than a few yellows that weren't given. Again, it was evident that the assistants did not assist. If they see a foul and have an opinion then they should flag not leave everything up to the referee. That is, surely, part of their responsibility.
It is popular and common place to criticise officials but, their decisions can have consequences and it is high time that the EFL and FA looked at standards and started to rectify things.

Couldve be a bit more consistant ...an average 5 from me

You’re going soft sarge, 5? Have you ever given a five before?🤣

Having watched the game via iFollow and having the benefit of replays, I feel confident to say that there was a very strong argument for a red card (tackle on Rodriguez) and more than a few yellows that weren't given. Again, it was evident that the assistants did not assist. If they see a foul and have an opinion then they should flag not leave everything up to the referee. That is, surely, part of their responsibility.
It is popular and common place to criticise officials but, their decisions can have consequences and it is high time that the EFL and FA looked at standards and started to rectify things.

The Assistants may have but via the headsets, then again they might not have as well.

Bit too lenient but kept the game flowing as a result. Tackle on Rodrigues a "dark yellow" in that he was out of control but did try to draw back as I saw it. Basically OK in a game that was easy enough to officiate.

Back
Top Bottom