International News Immigration

From the BBC story you linked...

...and the second link from a right-wing think tank...

Must try harder.

Patience dear boy, have you never seen the average Deliveroo/JustEat parking rank?

Or do you not care as long as you get your Chinese delivered for £2.50?

As for Ireland one bloke denying any data exists is hardly overwhelming alternative evidence.

BBC:

'Most of the asylum seekers initially earmarked for deportation to Rwanda cannot be immediately located, the Home Office has admitted.

Home Office documents reveal 5,700 asylum seekers have been identified in an initial cohort to be sent to the East African country.

But only "2,143 continue to report to the Home Office and can be located for detention", the documents say.'

Absolute incompetence on top of performative cruelty.

This Tory government in a nutshell.

Ergo - people arriving illegally disappear into the black economy/criminality...... therefore not letting them walk in in the first place is a better option.

Patience dear boy, have you never seen the average Deliveroo/JustEat parking rank?

Or do you not care as long as you get your Chinese delivered for £2.50?
The chances of me using either Deliveroo or Just Eat are slim to the extreme. It's no wonder we have a health crisis if people are even too lazy to get off their sofas to get their fast food fix these days.

The chances of me using either Deliveroo or Just Eat are slim to the extreme. It's no wonder we have a health crisis if people are even too lazy to get off their sofas to get their fast food fix these days.

One would have thought, in the so called "cost of living crisis" the first thing to go would be paying out on takeaway food, coffee, sandwiches etc yet it seems there is a new coffee shop/takeaway ready to open every week!

And then paying some bloke on an overpowered/illegal e-bike to deliver it in a semi-tepid/soggy condition is beyond reason.

And while I`m on a roll..... we have a takeaway called "Awesome Chips" that charge £5+ for a box of chips... and there is always a flipping queue!

Maybe Rwanda isn't the answer, I personally don't think it is, but at least it's something. People are tired of seeing the scenes of boats full of men with designer clothes and more expensive phones than me land on our beaches and just get given everything we have to work so hard for.
I know, I know, it makes me absolutely livid. It's the same every time I see a child in a refugee camp in Gaza, Sudan, Somalia or Syria in a Man Utd or Barcelona replica shirt I think, "well the parents can obviously afford to waste their money on official merchandise, so what in the hell are they doing in a camp begging for food". The bloody liberty of it.

Can you make sure to send me a link to the next Daily Mail editorial you read and regurgitate?

Last edited:
You seem to have missed out a letter in that first sentence. Surely it should read 'And while I'm on a troll....'

Tis a matter of fact.

Surely extortionately priced takeaway food sales & venues would decrease in a "cost of living crisis" ? 🤷‍♂️

Tis a matter of fact.

Surely extortionately priced takeaway food sales & venues would decrease in a "cost of living crisis" ? 🤷‍♂️

It would, if EVERYONE was struggling with the cost of living. How are mid-earners doing? How about teenagers living with their parents?

You can't say 'Cost of Living crisis = Takeaways consumed goes down' - even for you that is a flimsy argument.

Tis a matter of fact.

I remember the 1980s. I always felt flush. First job, regular salary increases, no kids to drain me of money, but I could still appreciate others were struggling financially as unemployed rocketed. I wasn't one of the one in ten but I didn't trying and deceive myself that they didn't exist. But do you know what kind of person did? Yes you do, don't you.

The rest of Europe seems to be getting on with Rwanda style schemes though.

Clearly the sums are adding up for them as well,

With the largest influx of illegal immigrants currently coming from Vietnam, Afghanistan, Eritrea and Iran not to mention Sudan. Syria and Iraq how would a returns policy with the EU deal with these people effectively?

SPOILER ALERT:

It wouldn’t.

I remember the 1980s. I always felt flush. First job, regular salary increases, no kids to drain me of money, but I could still appreciate others were struggling financially as unemployed rocketed. I wasn't one of the one in ten but I didn't trying and deceive myself that they didn't exist. But do you know what kind of person did? Yes you do, don't you.

However it was down to them to, as Norman suggested, get on your bike.

Unemployment is at around 4%.

Even on the Cost of Living Index in Europe we are doing OK.

Maybe, just maybe things aren`t as bad as some would want to make out.

"That time was like death itself. We saw people dying. I saw how those men were behaving. They didn't care whom they were stepping on - a child, or someone's head, young or old. People started to suffocate," said Ahmed, bitterly.

Although Ahmed is an Iraqi, his daughter had never even visited the country. She was born in Belgium and had spent most of her short life in Sweden."

"But I've spent 14 years in Europe and have been rejected," said Ahmed, detailing years of failed attempts to secure residency in the EU after he'd fled Iraq following what he described as threats from militia groups there.
Belgium reportedly denied him asylum by arguing that Basra, his hometown in Iraq, was classified as a safe area. He said his children spent the last seven years staying with a relative in Sweden, but that he was recently informed that they would be deported, with him, to Iraq."

Tragic as the case is............... why has Europe consistently rejected him and he feels we won`t?

Belgium, Sweden, France ............... all safe countries.

"That time was like death itself. We saw people dying. I saw how those men were behaving. They didn't care whom they were stepping on - a child, or someone's head, young or old. People started to suffocate," said Ahmed, bitterly.

Although Ahmed is an Iraqi, his daughter had never even visited the country. She was born in Belgium and had spent most of her short life in Sweden."

"But I've spent 14 years in Europe and have been rejected," said Ahmed, detailing years of failed attempts to secure residency in the EU after he'd fled Iraq following what he described as threats from militia groups there.
Belgium reportedly denied him asylum by arguing that Basra, his hometown in Iraq, was classified as a safe area. He said his children spent the last seven years staying with a relative in Sweden, but that he was recently informed that they would be deported, with him, to Iraq."

Tragic as the case is............... why has Europe consistently rejected him and he feels we won`t?

Belgium, Sweden, France ............... all safe countries.
From all accounts it's just a really sad story about an economic migrant and his family. He didn't want his daughter to live out a soulless, restricted life in Iraq and was doing everything he could to prevent that. I doubt he would have been successful in claiming asylum in the UK. When you see the way women are treated in some Muslim countries* it possible we may have acted similarly in his circumstance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom