Ex Player James Beadle

Under my name in my posts it says "moderator, staff member".
Okay I'm no longer "senior", even if I do have the years (and experience) for that title.

Consider yourself banned until my next trip to the breeze block. 😆
Uuuuuurgh, God, I HATE it here. So unfair.

- Stomps upstairs and loudly slams door -

Uuuuuurgh, God, I HATE it here. So unfair.

- Stomps upstairs and loudly slams door -
Amateur.

When I was a stroppy teen, I'd do that and then put the live Glastonbury Fayre version of 'Out Demons Out' by The Edgar Broughton Band on at full blast. Well, quite loud. While muttering about 'fascits' under my breath. That REALLY showed them!

There was a time when an extraordinary proportion of England Schoolboy internationals didn't even turn professional! But those days are over. They don't just pick the big lads now but focus on players with the most potential.

This lad being selected for the England U-20 squad bodes extremely well. The fact that he's done so even before turning 19 suggests that he is physically robust as well as talented.

(I could have physically handled being roughed up at 18. I'd simply have been let down by being fantastically sh*t at football.)

You never know how things will pan out. But I actually think the odds favour James Beadle becoming our first choice, doing very well, and playing in at least the Championship one day.

It's hardly unthinkable that an 18-year-old who gets picked for the England U-20 squad will one day be a full international and Premiership star.

Only thing I would say is 18 is VERY young for a goalkeeper, and he has no starts at League One level, so if he's come in to be number one that worries me slightly. If he's come in to be be back up to a new number 1 and will play in all the Pizza and League Cup games maybe good business for us and Brighton.

I think there is zero chance that Brighton are sending their England U20 top goalkeeper prospect to us to be playing in the Pizza Trophy and League Cup games. He could play in the Pizza Trophy for their U21s anyway!

He's here because Manning has promised them he'll have first shot at the #1 role. Obviously he'll have to play well to keep it, but I'd be shocked if he wasn't in our goal at Cambridge.

It's a risk, but there's numerous examples of young keepers excelling in recent years. If Manning & co. thinks he has what it takes, then OK. And Eastwood is an ideal backup at this level.

Assume we'll now be furiously trying to find a loan deal for McGinty?

Bash me all you want, but to me 18 is young for a keeper at this level. In such a key position as well.
In their hurry to show Eastwood the door some people are prepared to accept anything.

I'm not bashing you, I'm pointing out his credentials.

Some highlights. Pardon the awful music, and I’m aware anyone can look good from a highlight reel but looks promising
At 27 seconds in, someone hits a low, hard, fast shot from outside the area which is going in the bottom corner and he… saves it?

But but but it’s through a crowd of players and he’s unsighted and it’s right in the corner and why didn’t the defenders block it? It’s the defence and midfield’s fault for not getting to the ball quicker and blocking the shot, isn’t it? You have to block shots from outside the area! You can’t expect goalkeepers to save those!!!

Bash me all you want, but to me 18 is young for a keeper at this level. In such a key position as well.
In their hurry to show Eastwood the door some people are prepared to accept anything.
Jude Bellingham has just become a top earner at Real Madrid at 19. Playing in international finals. Appreciate the lad is a generational talent but it’s all relative - we’re not Real Madrid either.

Age is becoming less of an issue as time wears on and modern day goalkeepers are a different breed to the ones that traditionally stayed glued to their lines and afraid of a back pass.

His job is a little more scientific than outfield players - there is a more exact place to be and you’re less reliant on experience than, say, a centre back who needs to know all the tricks of the striker trade. If he knows where to stand and has a natural ability to keep the ball out the net then being 18 shouldn’t matter for long. A few nerves perhaps.

If we’re being super critical, the one thing that can crack any player at that age is the occasion. Can he hack the away days at Pride Park etc. We’ll find out. But Eastwood couldn’t at peak age for a goalkeeper so that shows how much it means. We may as well try something different.

But Eastwood couldn’t at peak age for a goalkeeper so that shows how much it means. We may as well try something different.

There were a number of seasons where Eastwood was excellent for us. Hopefully Beadle will be excellent for us too.

I don't know why we continue to run good players down to make others look good. Manning has shown that he expects standards to be high in every position at all times, so whoever starts in goal will be doing so on their own merits and deserves our full support.

There were a number of seasons where Eastwood was excellent for us. Hopefully Beadle will be excellent for us too.

I don't know why we continue to run good players down to make others look good. Manning has shown that he expects standards to be high in every position at all times, so whoever starts in goal will be doing so on their own merits and deserves our full support.
You say that but the other side of the argument which you’re behind is to pretend players are better than they are because they’re nice blokes that have put a few years in here. What’s the difference?

If Eastwood starts the season in goal, once I’ve finished eating my hat, I’ll get behind him. Of course I will. Doesn’t mean I won’t be a bag of nerves or that I agree with it.

You say that but the other side of the argument which you’re behind is to pretend players are better than they are because they’re nice blokes that have put a few years in here. What’s the difference?

None. There's also putting players on a pedestal so they can be eye-to-eye with Jake Wright's nipples and pretending they do things nobody can see.

A white tee for 6ft 5” James Beadle

FzTZ-2pX0AAMVda

I do not know enough about this signing to know either way. The recruitment department will know more than we do.

Only thing I would say is 18 is VERY young for a goalkeeper, and he has no starts at League One level, so if he's come in to be number one that worries me slightly. If he's come in to be be back up to a new number 1 and will play in all the Pizza and League Cup games maybe good business for us and Brighton.

If the lad is getting FL experience already he must be incredibly highly rated - Pickford Pope and Johnstone for England all have EFL experience so who's to say he won't make it right to the very top one day?

Also, him being born in 2004 makes me feel ancient and I'm in my 20s!
He is here too start. Otherwise, what's the point. Manning likes to play out from the goalie and he can do that

Excellent potential and an incredible shot stopper looking at the highlight reel. I just worry that he might get bullied in the way that de Gea did when he first started playing, especially with some league one centre backs smashing into him at every corner.

But another really promising signing and I'm sure that we'll have another couple through the door before the players head of the Spain from training camp.
He's 6 foot 5 scotch and played League 2 last year which is more physical, He will be ok.

Lots of footage from when he was at Charlton. Looks to have excellent distribution, especially when kicking from hands.

Lots of footage from when he was at Charlton. Looks to have excellent distribution, especially when kicking from hands.
Sometimes I think we’d learn more about a ‘keeper if they showed the ones he couldn’t save.

Sometimes I think we’d learn more about a ‘keeper if they showed the ones he couldn’t save.
Yeah, but watching keepers flapping at crosses, kicking the ball into touch and letting in side footers from 25 yards doesn’t really fit the generic EDM or “f**k yo’ bitch” rap soundtracks that these videos tend to feature.

Back
Top Bottom