Ex-Staff Liam Manning

Clearly he lied to Nathan during his interview. I have an OUFC supporting friend in Bristol who knows someone fairly close to BCFC. “Approached after the Exeter game”, were his words to my friend. I know that Brian Tinnion (BCFC DoF) was at the game because Ian Abrahams (Moose from TalkSport) took a picture of him after the match and put it on Twitter.

Liam ‘prepared’ Manning was clearly cramming for his upcoming role. “Great to finally be here”, said Manning in his interview with their media team earlier today. “Finally”. Just how long has this been going on for? Perhaps Brannagan’s absence wasn’t the only reason for our poor run of results.

I’ve worked for some great leaders during my career. One characteristic of those great people is their willingness to put the group before themselves, particularly in the short-term. Liam Manning had the opportunity to show what a greater leader he is. He had the opportunity to show that his words about integrity were sincere rather than mere platitudes. He passed that opportunity up for some money. Simple as that. He wasn’t prepared to sacrifice his earning potential for six-months.

Should results go his way, he’ll do the same to BCFC. He’s not a leader, he’s driven by selfish impulses of greed, ego and he’ll cast aside any group to succeed.

Really not too bothered about this. Any manager was going to be a step up from KR and it was the board who got us players to compete this year. A half decent coach ( and there are plenty) will keep us going in the right direction. I found myself getting really frustrated in the last couple of games with the pointless passing. Forwards were having to constantly check their runs as the ball was not getting played to them. And the “low block” used to kill games is boring and dangerous if you’re only one goal ahead.
Looking forward to seeing who we get to take us forward 👍

What else could he really do? Players managers want to climb the pyramid as quickly as they can.
I think the problem is the haste with which he has done it. If I were Bristol City I'd look at what he has just done to us and think 'I hope a lower Prem club doesn't sack their manager in the summer, or he'll be off again!'. From his perspective that might make perfect sense - until he isn't a success somewhere and then it'll be quite difficult for any club to trust him and give him a chance.

I wouldn't be sorry if our next manager has grey hair. It's time for an old school boss. Enough of the PowerPoint generation.

Anyone who thinks that the latter are more "progressive" should bear in mind that the teams managed by Matt Busby, Jock Stein, Brian Clough et al would have slaughtered us.
Probably sack the sports scientists, nutritionists and conditioning coaches as well.

Nothing a slice of orange, a packet of B&H, a pint before the match and an old man with a bucket and sponge can’t fix.

Clearly he lied to Nathan during his interview. I have an OUFC supporting friend in Bristol who knows someone fairly close to BCFC. “Approached after the Exeter game”, were his words to my friend. I know that Brian Tinnion (BCFC DoF) was at the game because Ian Abrahams (Moose from TalkSport) took a picture of him after the match and put it on Twitter.

Liam ‘prepared’ Manning was clearly cramming for his upcoming role. “Great to finally be here”, said Manning in his interview with their media team earlier today. “Finally”. Just how long has this been going on for? Perhaps Brannagan’s absence wasn’t the only reason for our poor run of results.

I’ve worked for some great leaders during my career. One characteristic of those great people is their willingness to put the group before themselves, particularly in the short-term. Liam Manning had the opportunity to show what a greater leader he is. He had the opportunity to show that his words about integrity were sincere rather than mere platitudes. He passed that opportunity up for some money. Simple as that. He wasn’t prepared to sacrifice his earning potential for six-months.

Should results go his way, he’ll do the same to BCFC. He’s not a leader, he’s driven by selfish impulses of greed, ego and he’ll cast aside any group to succeed.
You are spot on, just checked Ian Abraham’s twitter and indeed their director of football was there (at Oxford home game) back in September…. Perhaps they went for a nice candle lit dinner after the game.

I think this has been in the making for 4-6 weeks and I also agree that the dip in form over that period may not have been solely down to brannagans abscence. The hesitancy to celebrate with the fans after the game….. it’s all because he knew he was going to a new job the second Pearson was chopped.

It all fits perfectly together.

Last edited:
I am genuinely stunned to hear/read people wishing him well.

Happy Clappers extraordinary!

I've just read the past twenty pages of this thread to catch up, and I'm pretty sure that noone has wished him well (either on here, or at the club).

The only division is between those that think they understand why he's done it from a selfish career perspective vs. those that think he's making a horrible career mistake.

I'm in the former camp - if LM stayed here, worked really hard and had blinding success......he might have us in the situation Bristol City are now (stable, mid-table Championship club with a nice stadium and 20k+ crowds) in 3-4 years. By moving now, he takes a career shortcut. He's backing himself and his abilities, and that's fair enough. Especially as, in this industry, you can be out of work after any downturn in fortunes. He knows this firsthand - getting 89 points with MK Dons in 2021/22 and being fired in December the same year.

But just because I understand why he's done it, doesn't mean I wish him well. I wish him massive failure for ****ing us over, and agree that he's an utter judas.

And if he tries to come back for Beadle, McGuane, Leigh, Edwards or Brannagan in January, then he's quickly going to go from snake to public enemy #1.......

Back
Top Bottom