Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Mumbai City FC head coach Des Buckingham has joined English third division side Oxford United, Sportstar can confirm. He will take over from Craig Short, who has been the caretaker manager of Oxford since February 2023."

Cheers for stepping up to be caretaker for the last 9 months Shorty.
Source: Oxford Mail?

Was trying to get Des into the song Hey mambo, mambo italiano changed to Bye mumbai.......but failed miserably.

This is premium posting. Absolutely superb 👍🏻

What’s great is how many likes you got for pointing out a post with lots of likes was good.

A bit like people who do reviews of what MrBeast has posted on YouTube and they get a million views themselves without having much creative content of their own

You'll never please every 'fan' with any appointment, even Pep (Guardiola) would be met with reservations form certain individuals. Personally, I think this is a great appointment, yes the proof will be in the pudding ultimately, but for continuity I think this is the best available option. I would recommend those unsure on the appointment to carry out some due diligence before making ill informed comments. With regards to the compensation, regardless of the actual figure, the recruitment team and the board are the people that particular aspect concerns. Whether it's £1, £1m or somewhere in-between, the club are the ones to determine if it's viable or not. I'm sure Grant Ferguson wouldn't pipe up if you wanted to buy a new car, questioning the amount you're paying for it. We support the club through thick and thin so let's get behind the boys, sticky patches will inevitably occur, not everything was perfect under Manning and won't be under Des or any manager, but let's buckle up and enjoy the ride!

How is this going to work with E-I-E-I-E-I-O? Will will call him Dessie or Bucky? And if the former is it pronounced Dess-y or Dez-y? Something for his first press conference.
Desmond.

I've searched for a Mumbai fans' forum to see their reaction. All I could find was a Man City forum where, in June this year, it was rumoured that Des would at some point become an assistant to Pep and then possibly take over from him when he left. I know it was only a rumour, but to even think about that possibility must mean he's very highly regarded in the City Group.

So @OX14 was right all along 😉

Think quite a few heard Monday it was Buckingham's when second interviews were going to take place. He obviously went through the interview process and excelled whilst we were able to sort compensation.

Club did the right thing in exploring other options. I think Buckingham wanted the job post KR so not sure what’s now changed, but he’s an exciting appointment.

Last edited:
I've searched for a Mumbai fans' forum to see their reaction. All I could find was a Man City forum where, in June this year, it was rumoured that Des would at some point become an assistant to Pep and then possibly take over from him when he left. I know it was only a rumour, but to even think about that possibility must mean he's very highly regarded in the City Group.
I had a look but couldn't understand most of it, the work "saanp" came up a lot so maybe that means gaffer or boss or something.

Think quite a few heard Monday it was Buckingham's when second interviews were going to take place. He obviously went through the interview process and excelled whilst we were able to sort compensation.

Club did the right thing in exploring other options. I think Buckingham wanted the job post KR so not sure what’s now changed, but he’s an exciting appointment.

We have a bit of compensation cash from Manning & Co’s departure to help fund the deal?

My missus has very little interest in football, but did note that the top three divisions in England all sound like they're the highest one.

Haven't heard us called a third division side in what feels like decades.

Hasn't been called that while we have been in it for 40 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom