Myocarditis - man down

Get well soon mate
Id argue my work isn’t physical but can be stressful
Get your doctor to sign you off mate. Explain your diagnosis and how the stress will affect you. They'll give you a sick note for a while but you might need to speak to them once or twice a month for an extension. Your health has to come before your work imo.

Id argue my work isn’t physical but can be stressful

Don`t need stress - find out what you are entitled to, and work with your GP/Work to either get signed off or reduce working hours/days.

State the nature of work, the stress, concern about long term damage etc.

If you were in the NHS you could get 6 months full pay & 6 months half pay not many employers can beat that.

Had a scare myself this week. On Wednesday had a sudden feeling of being very weak and even just sitting down felt exhausting. Then Thursday afternoon sudden tightness in the chest and by the evening it was a stabbing pain and shortness of breath. I did the same thing and called 111 who told me to call an ambulance. Took about 4.5 hours to arrive, eventually arriving at 3am. The two paramedics that saw me were both brilliant, very reassuring and thorough and after an hour of chatting and tests ambulanced me to the Horton. ECG, blood pressure and O2 levels all came back somewhat normal, so they did an X-Ray and ultrasound and found that part of the lung lining had detached itself from the chest - likely caused by some kind of trauma. Seemed odd until they asked if anyone or anything had hit me in the chest recently. I said yes, my son is at a stage where he likes to dropkick me several times a day and has a good knack of hitting the same spot right where they were ultrasounding.

Final diagnosis was a viral infection causing Pericarditis coupled with the lung trauma basically combined to make a miserable experience. Lots of rest, water and staying away from my 2 year old bully prescribed and sent home Friday.

Had a scare myself this week. On Wednesday had a sudden feeling of being very weak and even just sitting down felt exhausting. Then Thursday afternoon sudden tightness in the chest and by the evening it was a stabbing pain and shortness of breath. I did the same thing and called 111 who told me to call an ambulance. Took about 4.5 hours to arrive, eventually arriving at 3am. The two paramedics that saw me were both brilliant, very reassuring and thorough and after an hour of chatting and tests ambulanced me to the Horton. ECG, blood pressure and O2 levels all came back somewhat normal, so they did an X-Ray and ultrasound and found that part of the lung lining had detached itself from the chest - likely caused by some kind of trauma. Seemed odd until they asked if anyone or anything had hit me in the chest recently. I said yes, my son is at a stage where he likes to dropkick me several times a day and has a good knack of hitting the same spot right where they were ultrasounding.

Final diagnosis was a viral infection causing Pericarditis coupled with the lung trauma basically combined to make a miserable experience. Lots of rest, water and staying away from my 2 year old bully prescribed and sent home Friday.
Wow was the lung trauma linked to the pericarditis?

Wow was the lung trauma linked to the pericarditis?
They couldn't say for sure, could be related to that, could be the attacks from my son, could be a bit of both. They said it wasn't serious enough to require intervention at the moment and should heal by itself with rest, but if the pain gets worse to come straight back in just in case it's detached more.

They couldn't say for sure, could be related to that, could be the attacks from my son, could be a bit of both. They said it wasn't serious enough to require intervention at the moment and should heal by itself with rest, but if the pain gets worse to come straight back in just in case it's detached more.
No meds??

With a kick like that he might be able to get in the oufc first team.
Hope you recover quickly.

Kids bundles of joy but vicious little buggers maybe get him a boxing bag to practice kicking instead of you 🤣🤣

If your child is "dropkicking" you hard enough to cause physical damage then said child needs a sharp life lesson IMHO!

Apart from that, get well soon.

If your child is "dropkicking" you hard enough to cause physical damage then said child needs a sharp life lesson IMHO!

Apart from that, get well soon.
He's 2, the only life lessons I'm giving him are the alphabet and counting to 10, the latter he's nearly got mastered about 18 months early so we're doing alright. He's over-enthusiastic and doesn't understand his own strength is all.

He's 2, the only life lessons I'm giving him are the alphabet and counting to 10, the latter he's nearly got mastered about 18 months early so we're doing alright. He's over-enthusiastic and doesn't understand his own strength is all.

Fair enough, your child, your parental choices but when he`s dropkicking other kids at Nursery or Juniors I`m sure the advantage in literacy and numeracy will help.

So after a lovely long weekend in Hampshire, at Hoburne Naish holiday park for a wedding in Christchurch. Late yesterday I started getting a really bad ache in my chest, by 11pm it was so severe it was keeping me awake.

Did 111 online, CALL 999 was the result.

Called 999, 6 hours later no ambulance. During this time I had some Asprin which helped, but wore off. At 6am I made my own wad to A&E.

After 2 dodgy ECGs and a high levels of troponin on my bloods, Myocarditis is the prediction.

Just had an Echo and CT scan (they didn’t think I’d have this until tomorrow)

Have to say, very impressed!
Hope you get better soon. Had to read up on what Myocarditis Was obviously I knew it was heart related but not exactly what is was. Keep strong and get well soon
My granp used to own a bungalow at Naish farm and the first season they had a swimming oool I learned to swim back in 67/68 not sure which year.
Hope you enjoyed the wedding.

An “infection” they refused to link it to the Covid I had 2 months ago, despite the NHS website saying you can get Myocarditis 6 months after a Covid infection.
Here in the Netherlands the link to Covid, Flu, en two of the vaccines has been confirmed By the Dutch Heart Foundation.

Fair enough, your child, your parental choices but when he`s dropkicking other kids at Nursery or Juniors I`m sure the advantage in literacy and numeracy will help.
He's wonderfully gentle and patient with other children which is brilliant because most children his age have very limited social skills due to growing up in Covid lockdowns. It's just his dad he gets a little too rough with.

Back
Top Bottom