New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Well, the club (also OUSP, OxVox & RadOx) at the two previous home games could have done something to change that, but did nothing, or at best did very little.

Let's not forget even if we did have all pro stadium councillors on the planning committee if they granted the planning application they would still have to follow all legislation and made sure the planning application was lawfully decided.

FOSB have already mentioned trying the route of a judicial review once it's granted.

Will this not be called in by central government anyways due to the loss of greenbelt?

Ridiculous?
I’m willing to bet you £100 to the charity of your choice ,this planning application will get turned down.

We will appeal it and win but they will turn it down at CDC
If you haven't already logged off for the night, I suggest you do. You're coming across like a bit of a bell end right now.

Well, the club (also OUSP, OxVox & RadOx) at the two previous home games could have done something to change that, but did nothing, or at best did very little.
What could they have done exactly? Surely you aren’t suggesting that the club should be suggesting which political parties the fans should vote for or against in an election?

Didn't take long.

Green Party predetermination?

2 out of 3 voting age and could be bothered to vote residents who live in OX5 are against. But this stadium isn't in OX5 or even just for the locals it's a stadium for the whole county to use and benefit from.

• React
Reactions: GRB
Well as I see it, IF these people who are trying to kill our club get their way.
They should go back to where they come from or be chased out of the county

If you haven't already logged off for the night, I suggest you do. You're coming across like a bit of a bell end right now.
Sorry @GRB but @The mighty Aldo is very passionate about OUFC as we all are and he like many others are concerned over today’s local election results. This is a bit of a kick in the teeth for OUFC and could cause problems for us.
He is not alone in his worries. 👍

In my view, the club shouldn't have got involved in any political views, or anything that could have been interpreted as such. Equally, Radio Oxford have to be politically neutral.

OUSP was present at the Peterborough game to spread word about the planning portal and have put out communication across various platforms about contacting local councillors etc.

I would have expected a little more from OxVox but their comms tonight suggest that work has continued behind the scenes.

Not perfect, but people did try where they could.

Didn't take long.

Green Party predetermination?

Linda Ward is head of Kidlington Development Watch. As a beneficiary of £3000 of KPC grant funds, she donated £250 to FOSB on their JustGiving page.

The KDW website has a link to support FOSB (see attached).

She’s fudging the numbers again with the Parish Poll and has made up some others from a variety of other sources.

If you’re a Kidlington-based OUFC fan, get talking and stop this rotten old woman getting any further attention.

Attachments

• IMG_5456.png
    IMG_5456.png
    748.6 KB · Views: 18
Sorry @GRB but @The mighty Aldo is very passionate about OUFC as we all are and he like many others are concerned over today’s local election results. This is a bit of a kick in the teeth for OUFC and could cause problems for us.
He is not alone in his worries. 👍
I think a lot of people are thinking these results have more to do with the stadium than they actually do. A kick in the teeth for OUFC? I don't get that comment at all?

Linda Ward is head of Kidlington Development Watch. As a beneficiary of £3000 of KPC grant funds, she donated £250 to FOSB on their JustGiving page.

She’s fudging the numbers again with the Parish Poll and has made up some others from a variety of other sources.

If you’re a Kidlington-based OUFC fan, get talking and stop this rotten old woman getting any further attention.

She's described here by Kidlington Development Watch as "our very own".

Screenshot_20240503_232928_Chrome.jpg

Kidlington Development Watch are anti-stadium as we know hence the link to FoSB on their website. And supportive social media posts:

Screenshot_20240503_233654_Facebook.jpg

(Kidlington Green Belt Development Watch and Kidlington Development Watch are one and the same by the way)
Screenshot_20240503_233757_Facebook.jpg
They remain FoSB's single biggest donor and this donation was made when Cllr Ward was Chair of KDW

Screenshot_20240503_232201_Chrome.jpg

A fundraising page was set up by her supporters to fundraising her campaign:

Screenshot_20240503_234930_Chrome.jpg

Something for CDC to consider when deciding on who sits on the planning committee for the stadium application.

Last edited:
In my view, the club shouldn't have got involved in any political views, or anything that could have been interpreted as such. Equally, Radio Oxford have to be politically neutral.

OUSP was present at the Peterborough game to spread word about the planning portal and have put out communication across various platforms about contacting local councillors etc.

I would have expected a little more from OxVox but their comms tonight suggest that work has continued behind the scenes.

Not perfect, but people did try where they could.
Out of interest where were OUSP placed to get communication across to fans? I ask as someone who never passes the south stand when I attend games so were people placed outside the Jim smith stand and the north stand?

Out of interest where were OUSP placed to get communication across to fans? I ask as someone who never passes the south stand when I attend games so were people placed outside the Jim smith stand and the north stand?

It was in front of the south stand which does limit access for some but there is generally the greatest footfall through that area.

Again, accept that this isn't perfect for everyone but it did give an opportunity to engage with many fans, some of whom were first time or occasional fans and were less aware of the stadium situation than others may have been.

What could they have done exactly? Surely you aren’t suggesting that the club should be suggesting which political parties the fans should vote for or against in an election?
Of course not, but obviously they could have done more at the two games to let fans know that comments on the stadium can be put on the website, and also to let fans know there are local elections coming which could have a bearing on the stadium outcome,without actually directing how to vote.

At least that would have informed the many supporters who appear to be unaware of these two things, and from that they would have known and maybe followed up on both.

What do you think we have been doing I have people in my street that don't talk to me anymore because I m for the stadium there's at least four members of FOSB amongst them.

Back
Top Bottom