New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Is anyone, anywhere voting lib dem or green? I don't live in the area but wouldn't consider voting for them with this situation.
As someone who’s actually a member of the Lib Dems (albeit a rather semi-detached one - I deliver leaflets, and that’s about it), I would’ve voted for the party candidates today if we’d have had council elections in my part of Cambridgeshire. As it is, we just have an election for the Police and Crime Commissioner, which I always ignore.

My reason for supporting the Lib Dems is that they’ve the best chance of unseating the Tories where I live, in both local and national elections. I’ve utter contempt for the current Conservative Party and am depressed about the damage it’s done to the country over the last 14 years.

If I had a vote in Oxfordshire, because of the stadium issue, I’d most probably vote Labour if I wasn’t satisfied with the Lib Dem candidates’ position on the proposed development.

Incidentally, I wasn’t a member of the Lib Dems during the Coalition period of 2010-15.

Turnout is expected to be very low - If you know anyone in the "Heyford and Fringfords" district, its on a knife edge according to the local Cllrs. Its a key district for the LibDems to win in Cherwell.

Get out and voting, dont rely on others!!
albeit its a City Council ward theres been queues since 9 am ish and a steady stream of voters ever since then where I am- ( I can see the polling station entrance)

My sister & hubby (in Kidlington) are taking my Uncle ( also in Kidlington) to the polling station... they're both ST holders and will 'do the right thing' my sisters hubby isn't a ST holder, though my sister tells me 'he'll do as he's told'

Who does his tweets reach so I done a bit of an experiment
He has 4000+ followers this post has been up 2 hours and has had 123 views.
Screenshot_2024-05-02-13-16-53-84_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpgnow mine I have 400 followers and my post has been up half an hour more reposts and 118 views Ian's also has a tag which should get him more views Screenshot_2024-05-02-13-19-24-90_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Been and Voted.

There was a lovely LibDem lady, completely unprepared for the journey I took her on. She knew McIvor as being a bit of a busybody, didnt know she was involved in the FOSB and also was unaware of where the triangle was. She said a lot of people had been mentioning the stadium to her....and She needed to pass a message on to the Party.
Spot on Swiss, I spoke to someone in Bicester and said exactly the same, I think they are worried the reaction their fence sitting has caused

Who does his tweets reach so I done a bit of an experiment
He has 4000+ followers this post has been up 2 hours and has had 123 views.
View attachment 19353now mine I have 400 followers and my post has been up half an hour more reposts and 118 views Ian's also has a tag which should get him more views View attachment 19354
His interactions (his echo chamber) is pretty tiny in reality. This can be small if you follow a bunch of companies, celebrities, organisations rather than people.

He gets around 3-4k pairs of eyeballs on topics. I ran some metric data on my recent tweets and the numbers have shot up to just under 200k . Chatting to people, debating criticism and asking questions widens your window to the world.

Blocking and ignoring closes it.

Both are not perfect, both are very constricted echo chambers and can't give any kind of sense of what people outside twitter think.

Application No.:24/00539/F
Proposal:
Erection of a stadium (Use Class F2) with flexible commercial and community facilities and uses including for conferences, exhibitions, education, and other events, club shop, public restaurant, bar, health and wellbeing facility/clinic, and gym (Use Class E/Sui Generis), hotel (Use Class C1), external concourse/fan-zone, car and cycle parking, access and highway works, utilities, public realm, landscaping and all associated and ancillary works and structures
Location:Land To The East Of Stratfield Brake And West Of Oxford Parkway Railway Station
Oxford Road
Kidlington
Case OfficerLaura Bell
Application Valid Date:

Target Decision Date:
1 March 2024

21 June 2024

UPDATE

Date: 2nd May 2024

Due to the sensitive nature of this application the council is taking additional steps to protect the privacy of people submitting representations on this application.

Therefore, and as part of an ongoing review of the council's current policies and processes, we are temporarily removing the public comments that have been submitted on this application from the website in order to redact respondents' names and addresses. This will take some time to carry out due to the high number of comments received.

I can confirm that any comments received so far will be taken into account and will reappear on the website for this application once redacted.

Any new comments submitted will also appear on the website in a redacted format.

Paul Seckington,
Head of Development Management

Proposal:Erection of a stadium (Use Class F2) with flexible commercial and community facilities and uses including for conferences, exhibitions, education, and other events, club shop, public restaurant, bar, health and wellbeing facility/clinic, and gym (Use Class E/Sui Generis), hotel (Use Class C1), external concourse/fan-zone, car and cycle parking, access and highway works, utilities, public realm, landscaping and all associated and ancillary works and structures
Location:Land To The East Of Stratfield Brake And West Of Oxford Parkway Railway Station
Oxford Road
Kidlington
Case OfficerLaura Bell
Application Valid Date:

Target Decision Date:
1 March 2024

21 June 2024

UPDATE

Due to the sensitive nature of this application the council is taking additional steps to protect the privacy of people submitting representations on this application.

Therefore, and as part of an ongoing review of the council's current policies and processes, we are temporarily removing the public comments that have been submitted on this application from the website in order to redact respondents' names and addresses. This will take some time to carry out due to the high number of comments received.

I can confirm that any comments received so far will be taken into account and will reappear on the website for this application once redacted.

Any new comments submitted will also appear on the website in a redacted format.

Paul Seckington,
shutting the stable door, and moving goalposts etc?

Proposal:Erection of a stadium (Use Class F2) with flexible commercial and community facilities and uses including for conferences, exhibitions, education, and other events, club shop, public restaurant, bar, health and wellbeing facility/clinic, and gym (Use Class E/Sui Generis), hotel (Use Class C1), external concourse/fan-zone, car and cycle parking, access and highway works, utilities, public realm, landscaping and all associated and ancillary works and structures
Oxford Road
Kidlington
Case OfficerLaura Bell
Application Valid Date:

Target Decision Date:
1 March 2024

21 June 2024

UPDATE

Paul Seckington,
Good. People's privacy is paramount.

Oxford Road
Kidlington
Case OfficerLaura Bell
Application Valid Date:

Target Decision Date:
1 March 2024

21 June 2024

UPDATE

Paul Seckington,

Well, that's my Bank Holiday ruined. I was going to send a load of hate mail to all the people objecting to it because I'm a football fan, it's what I do and I want people to fear us for our reprisals.

(Just a bit of satire, Ian, keep your goatee on.)

I mean, it's very late to be doing it but removing people's addresses is absolutely correct. Why they were posted up there at all is a mystery. I suspect that IM will claim victory for that too ('I have been vindicated') but I suspect the reaction to the hate mail may well have swung it.

Well, that's my Bank Holiday ruined. I was going to send a load of hate mail to all the people objecting to it because I'm a football fan, it's what I do and I want people to fear us for our reprisals.

(Just a bit of satire, Ian, keep your goatee on.)

I mean, it's very late to be doing it but removing people's addresses is absolutely correct. Why they were posted up there at all is a mystery. I suspect that IM will claim victory for that too ('I have been vindicated') but I suspect the reaction to the hate mail may well have swung it.
Must have missed the part where Ian Middleton was sent hate mail, when did that happen?

Must have missed the part where Ian Middleton was sent hate mail, when did that happen?

I should have been clearer there. IM hasn't been sent hate mail but was (in his words) pressing for CDC to redact addresses from the Planning Portal which I think we all agree with. His reasoning was that anti-stadium commentors were fearful of posting their comments because of reprisals from football fans.

He'll now proclaim some sort of victory again in this that it was his own brilliance that saw CDC redact the postal addresses. My suspicion is that CDC realised they were in the wrong when the hate mail letter was published in the OM.

There was no way that I was voting Green or PLeb/dim. But living in Wigan it won't make much difference.

I should have been clearer there. IM hasn't been sent hate mail but was (in his words) pressing for CDC to redact addresses from the Planning Portal which I think we all agree with. His reasoning was that anti-stadium commentors were fearful of posting their comments because of reprisals from football fans.

He'll now proclaim some sort of victory again in this that it was his own brilliance that saw CDC redact the postal addresses. My suspicion is that CDC realised they were in the wrong when the hate mail letter was published in the OM.
Sorry, I was being a little sarcastic. It was more alluding to him making the hate mail story into a "poor little me" episode the other day.

Yes you are completely correct, IM will once again make it all about himself. It's what he does

Back
Top Bottom