New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Application No.:24/00539/F
Proposal:
Erection of a stadium (Use Class F2) with flexible commercial and community facilities and uses including for conferences, exhibitions, education, and other events, club shop, public restaurant, bar, health and wellbeing facility/clinic, and gym (Use Class E/Sui Generis), hotel (Use Class C1), external concourse/fan-zone, car and cycle parking, access and highway works, utilities, public realm, landscaping and all associated and ancillary works and structures
Location:Land To The East Of Stratfield Brake And West Of Oxford Parkway Railway Station
Oxford Road
Kidlington
Case OfficerLaura Bell
Application Valid Date:

Target Decision Date:
1 March 2024

21 June 2024

UPDATE

Date: 2nd May 2024

Due to the sensitive nature of this application the council is taking additional steps to protect the privacy of people submitting representations on this application.

Therefore, and as part of an ongoing review of the council's current policies and processes, we are temporarily removing the public comments that have been submitted on this application from the website in order to redact respondents' names and addresses. This will take some time to carry out due to the high number of comments received.

I can confirm that any comments received so far will be taken into account and will reappear on the website for this application once redacted.

Any new comments submitted will also appear on the website in a redacted format.

Paul Seckington,
Head of Development Management

Now that people’s names have been redacted I expect to see hundreds if not thousands of anti stadium messages on the portal from residents who were in fear of their lives.

Been and Voted.

There was a lovely LibDem lady, completely unprepared for the journey I took her on. She knew McIvor as being a bit of a busybody, didnt know she was involved in the FOSB and also was unaware of where the triangle was. She said a lot of people had been mentioning the stadium to her....and She needed to pass a message on to the Party.

I think the Lib Dem’s in particular have been surprised and caught off guard at the level of support for the stadium in the shire, it probably wasn’t on their radar this is an issue that really matters to folk who might ordinarily vote LibDem but happen to live outside of the North Oxford Set. Suddenly they are losing votes from people who have voted for them previously. That concentrates the mind.

Lib Dems probably thought all OUFC fans live in East Oxford and could be ignored. Hopefully a bit of a wake up call.

As a group of OUFC supporters, there are a a lot of us sprinkled around the county, collectively we can be a powerful voice. We can swing local election results. They are often decided on a few votes here and there and low turnouts. In particular we need to keep the pressure on the LDs.

Oh completely, it's quite amusing seeing someone so full of self confidence make a complete tit of himself.

I think the Lib Dem’s in particular have been surprised and caught off guard at the level of support for the stadium in the shire, it probably wasn’t on their radar this is an issue that really matters to folk who might ordinarily vote LibDem but happen to live outside of the North Oxford Set. Suddenly they are losing votes from people who have voted for them previously. That concentrates the mind.

Lib Dems probably thought all OUFC fans live in East Oxford and could be ignored. Hopefully a bit of a wake up call.

As a group of OUFC supporters, there are a a lot of us sprinkled around the county, collectively we can be a powerful voice. We can swing local election results. They are often decided on a few votes here and there and low turnouts. In particular we need to keep the pressure on the LDs.
Oh I so hope that's what we are managing to do today.

Oh I so hope that's what we are managing to do today.

I hope so too.

However my concern is that there will be a healthy anti Tory vote (for their record in national government), not because I’m a Tory, far from it, but because a lot of the rural wards are contested between the LiB Dems and the Tories with Labour some way behind in third.

The anti Tory vote will be split between Lib Dem and Labour, whilst the anti Lib Dem/ Green vote will be split between Labour and Tory.

We should find out tomorrow.

It's odd that they've left one objection up, including her name and address. It does contain this corker though.
I have lived close to several football grounds close to residential areas and experienced not only the massive increase in traffic, both cars and crowds, but as a woman, the harassment that comes with groups of young men. It made it impossible to leave my house during match days. There was also massive problems of littering.
You have to wonder why she keeps moving to houses next to football grounds!

As a group of OUFC supporters, there are a a lot of us sprinkled around the county, country, collectively we can be a powerful voice. We can swing local election results. They are often decided on a few votes here and there and low turnouts. In particular we need to keep the pressure on the LDs.
OUFC fans are located nationwide and even further afield!

I’m absolutely disgusted that comments are being accepted after the 22nd April. Why have a set date if it was not going to be observed? My main concern is, will the 21st June date for a response from the planning officers be delayed due to this?

We cast our votes today and voted for a pro stadium candidate. I would never ever vote Green or LibDem.

It's odd that they've left one objection up, including her name and address. It does contain this corker though.

I have lived close to several football grounds close to residential areas and experienced not only the massive increase in traffic, both cars and crowds, but as a woman, the harassment that comes with groups of young men. It made it impossible to leave my house during match days. There was also massive problems of littering.

You have to wonder why she keeps moving to houses next to football grounds!
Even odder is that the stated address is a side street off the Banbury Road and south of the A40, a mile and a half from the Triangle. She probably wouldn't even know there was a match on unless she ventured up that way. Perhaps her definition of "lived close" means in the same town/city/county.

I’m absolutely disgusted that comments are being accepted after the 22nd April. Why have a set date if it was not going to be observed? My main concern is, will the 21st June date for a response from the planning officers be delayed due to this?

We cast our votes today and voted for a pro stadium candidate. I would never ever vote Green or LibDem.
22nd April is the stated due date for comments. I'm sure it says/said somewhere that comments could be received after this date but may not be considered.

Well, now that the portal is "stable", I can say that (give or take) there have been

2837 valid submissions of which 1950 are in Support, 739 are Objections with 100 comments and 48 documents - some 2320 are from Oxfordshire.

This has been determined using the data openly displayed (before it was was removed) on the portal and the address records were subsequently verified with the Post Offices' address finder service - no names were collected in the compilation of these totals.

Well, now that the portal is "stable", I can say that (give or take) there have been

2837 valid submissions of which 1950 are in Support, 739 are Objections with 100 comments and 48 documents - some 2320 are from Oxfordshire.

This has been determined using the data openly displayed (before it was was removed) on the portal and the address records were subsequently verified with the Post Offices' address finder service - no names were collected in the compilation of these totals.

Does those in support and objection include multiples from the same person or did you filter them out where you could? After all IM seems to had a number of goes as does the Company Director (or whatever it was)?

I've heard that turnout is extremely low so far in my parish (less than half compared to normal. And in a parish close by its a much lower turnout that that even. We could get abnormal results which could be a concern?

But the 739 will have the loudest voice.

I've heard that turnout is extremely low so far in my parish (less than half compared to normal. And in a parish close by its a much lower turnout that that even. We could get abnormal results which could be a concern?
Normally this sort of thing is good for Tories. Hopefully people are waiting until the GE to do the damage.

It probably means most votes are being cast by those who engage with politics who are mostly anti-stadium sadly.

Does those in support and objection include multiples from the same person or did you filter them out where you could? After all IM seems to had a number of goes as does the Company Director (or whatever it was)?
Without collecting names, it's not possible for me to identify duplicate submissions. There are multiple records for a few address' but they may be individual representations from the different people who live there.

Also, if you submit documents via the portal, it generates an additional record for each document you attach. Some organisations have chosen to submit their views in a series of documents that relate to a single representation.

Back
Top Bottom