World Cup One Love / Rainbow Armband

So kane can't wear the armband because he will get booked sooo why doesn't Southgate wear the one love armband if he gets booked will it really make much difference just pass it through the coaching team
give it to dier or mount, wont make a difference on the pitch then either

Alex Scott is wearing one so surely if the Qatari are that bothered why are they allowing her to wear one

They'll support the cause, but only if there's absolutely no chance that there will be any negative repercussions whatsoever.

Let's see if any of the players have any moral fibre whatsoever.

Tbf, from what I've read, the FA and the other countries' FAs were willing to pay fines but not sporting sanctions. Whether that is reasonable is a different question.

I can't say I'm at all surprised. Clearly the stance we are taking is making the Qatari organising committee very uncomfortable, and also FIFA very uncomfortable - and so it should.

Maybe Gareth Southgate should take a leaf out of Graeme Souness' book and plant a rainbow flag in the Centre circle?

As a member of the LGBTQ+ community, f**k Qatar, f**k FIFA, and I'm disappointed but not surprised at the FA for the decision to ditch the armband with the threat of bookings.

The fact this is happening at a World Cup in 2022 is a complete f*****g joke. It makes me, and people born like me, feel marginalised, persecuted and inhuman by the sport we love.

It would be a small gesture, but any chance OUFC and the rest of the EFL clubs still playing could wear the One Love armband (or something similar in solidarity? It would be a positive statement to those who are feeling s**t because of this sham WC. It's just one man's thought, but @OUSP Secretary is this something that could be brought to the club potentially?

As a member of the LGBTQ+ community, f**k Qatar, f**k FIFA, and I'm disappointed but not surprised at the FA for the decision to ditch the armband with the threat of bookings.

The fact this is happening at a World Cup in 2022 is a complete f*****g joke. It makes me, and people born like me, feel marginalised, persecuted and inhuman by the sport we love.

It would be a small gesture, but any chance OUFC and the rest of the EFL clubs still playing could wear the One Love armband (or something similar in solidarity? It would be a positive statement to those who are feeling s**t because of this sham WC. It's just one man's thought, but @OUSP Secretary is this something that could be brought to the club potentially?
They haven’t any B*****s to stand up and speak for themselves

Well, will be interesting to see if any of the Iranian players protest about the situation in their country (a hair grab/cutting action will be one to look out for), the consequences could be far greater for them than just a yellow card.
They at least abstained from singing their national anthem. In the face of serious backlash at home and personal endangerment, that is at least something.

Our lads did absolutely nothing.

They at least abstained from singing their national anthem. In the face of serious backlash at home and personal endangerment, that is at least something.

indeed - that is a move that could get them imprisoned.

They took the knee before kickoff, which in the grand scheme of things is just as visible as an armband.

...but yeah, have a go at the team instead of just about anyone who should have stepped in before it got to kick-off today. You can start with the Tory party...

...the buck should stop with those who are in power and can actually bring about pressure for change, but they are happy to abdicate their responsibility to sports people instead of doing something about it themselves.

They took the knee before kickoff, which in the grand scheme of things is just as visible as an armband.

...but yeah, have a go at the team instead of just about anyone who should have stepped in before it got to kick-off today. You can start with the Tory party...

...the buck should stop with those who are in power and can actually bring about pressure for change, but they are happy to abdicate their responsibility to sports people instead of doing something about it themselves.
The buck doesn't stop anywhere - every person with power should be using their power to call for change.

Imagine the impact if our players refused to play, or refused to celebrate goals, or even took a bloody yellow card for wearing a rainbow armband.

The Tories are spineless, the footballing authorities are spineless, and the players are spineless.

What's the point of everyone moaning& complaining now. People knew score 10 years ago, all of the fa's across the the globe should of boycotted it from the word go . Then venue would of got changed, but no it didn't. I wonder why??? 🤑🤑
If your gonna protest ,& do something about it . Strike when the iron is hot, not when the horse has bolted..

What's the point of everyone moaning& complaining now. People knew score 10 years ago, all of the fa's across the the globe should of boycotted it from the word go . Then venue would of got changed, but no it didn't. I wonder why??? 🤑🤑
If your gonna protest ,& do something about it . Strike when the iron is hot, not when the horse has bolted..

Because influential/ruling Qataris are wondering what the point of spaffing £200bn was when they are only getting criticism and no praise. Hopefully it puts off Saudi Arabia and their plans for a bid.

Back
Top Bottom