OUFC V CPFC 23/8/22 league cup P. Bankes

Sarge

God like member
Game flowed reasonably well ....inconsistant in his application of yellow card ....seemed to give palace all the 50/50 calls

As for thier pen.. .really?

5 from me

Gave them far too much, missed a supposed elbow and didn’t award a penalty to us in the first half.

Was he a National League Ref?

A one from me because of his biased behaviour the lack of giving the correct decisions ie favouring Palace more.
The failure to issue a red card to Mateta.

Didn’t give a stone wall penalty on G’OD.

No idea on the elbow. Hard to blame the ref for that as not many in the ground called for a red either.

I can’t remember the last time I saw a referee so consistently ’favour’ one side over the other.

I don’t believe that referees cheat, but Mr. Bankes certainly challenged that belief.

I thought he was shite every decision went palace way or we had to do was blow and they'd get a free kick I was of the opinion he had a nice little earner out of that result it was never a penalty in my mind he had them to win 2-0 and that's why he gave the penalty

It always grieves me that Premiership teams appear to have a right to a premiership official. Why not let them see what we have to put up with week in, week out?
Application of the rules may have been, more or less, accurate yesterday but, without any doubt, the Premiership side got the favourable decisions. Any contact at all seemed to result in a foul being given, to the Premiership side and yet, we had a, not unreasonable, claim to a penalty and also a sending off following the elbow to Mous. I can only assume that the reliance on VAR has led to complacency among officials.
The over zealous handing out of cards was ludicrous given the nature of the "fouls" given.

Lots and lots of shirt pulling. More from them than us I'd say. He only gave a free-kick once. To Palace obviously and I think that was a 50:50 incident. I was watching when Mous got hit in the face when he was on the ground.

Didn’t give a stone wall penalty on G’OD.

No idea on the elbow. Hard to blame the ref for that as not many in the ground called for a red either.
everyone around me thought it was a 2nd yellow. and CamBran was warned for his discussion of the incident.

A one from me because of his biased behaviour the lack of giving the correct decisions ie favouring Palace more.
The failure to issue a red card to Mateta.
I think the thing that summed it up was the ref's matey fist bump with Mateta after yet another foul (post his yellow). Prem level refs are far too close to players at their level.

I sometimes wonder by your ratings Sarge 😂 decent refs get low marks and the crapper ones higher.

Looking at the replay he definitely smashes Mous in the face - hard to see if it was definitely on purpose but clearly happened and was dangerous. Let’s be honest if it was one of ours doing that to one of their PL stars he would have got the yellow card out sharpish

Shout out for Mous.

Another MOTM performance from him, according to the OM.

Yet again he proves how, even at 35, he’s still quality.

Given how unimpressed I’ve been with Moore and Findlay so far this season, I’d be seriously considering playing Mous a lot more this season, his experience and quality is invaluable, and whenever he’s played in the last couple of seasons, he’s been MOTM.

Plenty of teams still have 35 year olds playing at CB, and people say about the youngsters, “if you’re good enough, you’re old enough” well I think if you’re good enough, you’re young enough as well!

Well done Mous 👏

Back
Top Bottom