Matches Play-Off Final Train Travel

All sound advice on Wembley Central.

Another facet to add to that all Bolton fans taking the train will head to and from the game via Wembley Park and the Met/Jubilee lines to get back to Euston. That’ll slow the exit out of the game as well.

I’m considering the Oxford Tube which hasn’t been mentioned much on here. Unlike the departed X90 it doesn’t stop at Baker Street but a couple of tube changes doesn’t worry me.

The only thing to remember is that not every tube on the Bakerloo line will run as far as Wembley central, 4 an hour do so its still fairly frequent and you can look up when, but some just go as far as Stonebridge park and others only to Queens Park, if you do get on the wrong one you only have to get off and wait for one that will take you on, but to avoid that you need to get on the ones travelling as far Harrow and Wealdstone.

From Paddington its 08, 23, 38,53 past the hour, from Baker Street its 04,19,34, 49 past the hour.

Realise I am probably teaching most people to suck eggs but I have mates who are in their fifties who have been on the tube a few times and still can't figure it out so thought i would try to be helpful.

Additional trains to Wembley Stadium , from Banbury 10.36 , Bicester Nth 10.50 to Wembley Stad and Myb.
Banbury 11.12, Bicester Nth 11.28 - Wembley stadium and Myb
Ban ury 12.11, Bicester Nth 12.28 -Wembley Stadium and Myb

Another facet to add to that all Bolton fans taking the train will head to and from the game via Wembley Park and the Met/Jubilee lines to get back to Euston. That’ll slow the exit out of the game as well.

I’m considering the Oxford Tube which hasn’t been mentioned much on here. Unlike the departed X90 it doesn’t stop at Baker Street but a couple of tube changes doesn’t worry me.
Arriving into Euston, they have the choice to walk a few minutes to Euston Square to connect onto the underground for Wembley Park, or wait for an overground service at Euston that run every 15minutes and take them into Wembley Central.

What do we think the chances are of getting on the train at BV?

Looking into things for someone with mobility issues, I'm told it's easier at BV than OP.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether the trains will leave Oxford Parkway rammed full, or will there be the opportunity to get on in High Wycombe?

• React
Reactions: m
Can anyone confirm that I can still catch the train from Princes Risborough to Wembley Stadium? Have looked on the Chiltern Railways website and couldn’t find an answer but was wondering if anyone knew of any changes that day, that might put a stop to my plans.

Can anyone confirm that I can still catch the train from Princes Risborough to Wembley Stadium? Have looked on the Chiltern Railways website and couldn’t find an answer but was wondering if anyone knew of any changes that day, that might put a stop to my plans.
Unfortunately I think you'll need to wait until tomorrow when the amended timetable goes into journey planners to be completely sure.

• React
Reactions: m
Don't know if this got dropped on here - but the club consolidated some info into one page

Don't know if this got dropped on here - but the club consolidated some info into one page

that needs to go on the nextdoor thread* where a certain Green councillor was spouting nonsense about Chiltern Railways

*especially the last line

I'm definitely doing Oxford Tube for the journey back.

Looking to see if possible to use local Wembley bus services to get near to Hillingdon 🤔

I volunteered to work Saturday morning (driving a van down to East London). However need to be there at 8am, so in the capital far earlier than I wanted! 😵‍💫

Happy to be avoiding the packed out trains!!

I got in touch with Chiltern Railways as the journey planners haven't changed, updated timetable available tomorrow.

Screenshot_20240515_090317_Gmail.jpgScreenshot_20240515_090248_Gmail.jpg

Not surprised Chiltern are having issues getting amended timetables into systems.
Network Rail processes for short term planning changes are so sloowwwww and often not without issue.

I'm definitely doing Oxford Tube for the journey back.

Looking to see if possible to use local Wembley bus services to get near to Hillingdon 🤔

I volunteered to work Saturday morning (driving a van down to East London). However need to be there at 8am, so in the capital far earlier than I wanted! 😵‍💫

Happy to be avoiding the packed out trains!!
If lots of others are getting the bus back from central London, you might find they don't have any space left when they get to Hillingdon. It sounds like a risky strategy to me. Personally, I'd go to Victoria if planning to get the Oxford Tube back.

Chiltern Railways timetable is now in journey planners.

Half hourly trains direct to Wembley stadium from Bicester North and Banbury. Several starting from Birmingham or beyond.

Back
Top Bottom