Matches Pubs for May 18th

I remember going to the torch (Barnsley or Cov) and arriving well before ko and it was rammed.

We couldn't get served so just grabbed a few cans from the newsagents and drank outside. Imagine I'll do the same!
Think we'll just play it by ear. Looking to get there before 11 so hopefully will get somewhere to set up base!

I’ve been wondering since I watched this video ( getting excited for Saturday 😁😁) but where did they get Henry from it seems someone took their hoover on the P**s πŸ˜‚

Used the Grand Junction Arms at Harlesden for a number of England games. It's right on the Grand Union Canal and has a sizeable beer garden with wooden huts as well as a covered outdoor area. Did decent grub also and a good range of beer.

Pub is a 5minutes walk from Harlesden station.
And the Overground takes 5minutes to Wembley Central.

Harlesden is accessible from central London either from Euston on the Overground or from Paddington on the Bakerloo tube line.

Or indeed Baker St and Marylebone also on the Bakerloo

Thats a good shout near the station with a big outside space. Not sure I would call it majestic and being Youngs it wont be cheap! Otherwise good call.

Are these BOXPARK places any good.. I’m trying to think of a less hassle place to get a few beers before the game with going on the coach I think the green man might be out of the question

Its not bad, if you have kids that are fussy eaters with you the good thing is you can get food from the different vendors and all sit together.

Boxpark tickets are Β£10+booking fee when bought online for guaranteed entry before midday.
Otherwise it's join a queue and Β£10 on the door.

Last edited:
Dart boards and traditional Oxfordshire pub games like Aunt Sally are ok, but I can live without duke boxes and pool tables.

But then again I’d ban mobile phones from pubs!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜…

A decent pint of well kept real ale and good conversation.πŸ‘
Born in '89, and I'm 100% behind this.

EDIT: Real ale, mind. None of that trendy microbrewery IPA w*ank every guy my age gets their hipster card out for...

Last edited:
Was alright in 2010, busy but they managed to keep up plus you get the atmosphere.

If you don't want it to busy drink elsewhere in London then tube in. better off going to Paddington if you want to do that though.

The spoons round the corner that we also have managed to cope fine for an England Scotland game when I went in there so that is always an option if the green man is to busy.
Im meeting my brother at Paddington at mid day, we plan on having a few beers near the station and away from Wembley before going to the ground then maybe the Green Man if we have time.

Im meeting my brother at Paddington at mid day, we plan on having a few beers near the station and away from Wembley before going to the ground then maybe the Green Man if we have time.

Over the years I have drank round Paddington so much that it almost feels like home, obviously for football games but I also stayed round the corner when I worked for a while at St Mary’s hospital. The Victoria is a nice pub if you walk past the three we always use as they are just outside the exit.

Back
Top Bottom