General Reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royalstandard74

Looks like they're coming down, maybe because we haven't played them in a while, but I couldn't give a toss about the plastic chelsea lovers.
its ONLY Swidon for me.

My first away game , 1-1 FACup 1983 ....11 k crowd at Elm Park but 6 k Oxford ...extremely lively.
Saw us lose there as well in the Simod Cup 1-0 in Jacko McDonaghs only game for us ! That's a sad fact to say the least

Looks like they're coming down, maybe because we haven't played them in a while, but I couldn't give a toss about the plastic chelsea lovers.
its ONLY Swidon for me.
Nah, I love the Reading derby. Yes it is a derby! Although I was always more gutted if we lost to Swindon, I actually liked the Reading derbies more in some ways.

My first away game , 1-1 FACup 1983 ....11 k crowd at Elm Park but 6 k Oxford ...extremely lively.
Saw us lose there as well in the Simod Cup 1-0 in Jacko McDonaghs only game for us ! That's a sad fact to say the least
Think I went to that game, was only a kid at the time but have memories of being on the open terrace behind the goal being pelted with coins, think their fans were in a covered terrace down the side to our left. Was that the game Trevor Senior almost hit the corner flag with a penalty? Remember it was like a war zone outside too!

Never done a Oxford Vs reading league match so can't wait to get my season ticket not really sure what to expect but bloody excited 🙂

Think I went to that game, was only a kid at the time but have memories of being on the open terrace behind the goal being pelted with coins, think their fans were in a covered terrace down the side to our left. Was that the game Trevor Senior almost hit the corner flag with a penalty? Remember it was like a war zone outside too!
Yes, Senior missed a pen which was rare , I was only 9 or 10 myself ...crazy outside the crowd.
I remember seeing one of the Oxford coaches with some guy in a clowns mask! Always stuck in the memory !

Shaping up to be a decent little League One next year. Leyton Orient and Reading adds a bit of spice and adding Stevenage and Northampton (if they come up) in place of longer trips like Plymouth and Accy (and maybe Morecambe) should make for some decent away days. Shame the other two coming down and the four current playoffs places in League Two are all a bit dull (with the exception of maybe Bradford), but still some other good days out in the league - Charlton, Pompey and (maybe) Wednesday come to mind.

We stood on that terrace behind the goal at Elm Park and stuff would be thrown at us over the wall. Then we did the same to them at the Cuckoo Land End.

Yes, Senior missed a pen which was rare , I was only 9 or 10 myself ...crazy outside the crowd.
I remember seeing one of the Oxford coaches with some guy in a clowns mask! Always stuck in the memory !
I was there that day. I was very young and I remember the Reading idiots pelting us with God knows what from the South Bank.

Not sure about coaches, in those days the ‘Football Special’ trains were laid on and were well used!

Even the game at Grenoble road was pwowpa nawty with a pincer attack by the smhs around the thin blue line through the trees and over the dyke

I also remember a trip with yellows forum retiree weststandram to pride park to watch derby lose to them but still send them down. I was delighted to join a pitch invasion in my yellow shirt and stand on the 18 yard box goading them in their misery

Last edited:
I was there that day. I was very young and I remember the Reading idiots pelting us with God knows what from the South Bank.

Not sure about coaches, in those days the ‘Football Special’ trains were laid on and were well used!
Really? The only pelting I recall was the Reading 'massive' pelting out of their South Stand to accommodate the lovely yellow army. Quiet afternoon after that.

However, everything is gearing up nicely to a more reasonable southern travelling experience with Reading, Wickly Wanderers, Cheltenham, (MK/Northampton are maybe's) Stevenage, Orient, Charlton, Portsmouth & Brizzle on (our) the fixture list.

Let's hope for a 10k plus on Sunday and sign off with a win. Do that and highlight some of the above fixtures and I'm more than optimistic that ST's will be a must have summer Christmas present!

COYY'S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom