Findlay
Seddon
Henry
Bodin
McGuane
Eastwood
Browne
McEachran

I'd like to see the 'loan out' group be given more of a chance but can't really see it happening, especially if we go up. Sorry if I missed anyone!

Eastwood, Long, McEachran and maybe Thorniley will all be here next season, not as easy to shift contracted players as that, especially the first three who are settled in the area. Probably for the best as only so many players you can bring in during a transfer window.

Eastwood, Long, McEachran and maybe Thorniley will all be here next season, not as easy to shift contracted players as that, especially the first three who are settled in the area. Probably for the best as only so many players you can bring in during a transfer window.
I wouldn't mind if we kept all of those, I just made the list based on an ideal world where decent offers were made

Keep:
Brannagan (obviously)
Harris
Moore
Brown
Bennett
Leigh
Goodrham
Murphy
Dale
Goodwin
Rodrigues

Loan out:
Negru
Woltman
O'Donkor
Johnson
Golding

Release/sell (if an appropriate bid is received, of course):
Thorniley
Long
Findlay
Seddon
Henry
Bodin
McGuane
Eastwood
Browne
McEachran

I'd like to see the 'loan out' group be given more of a chance but can't really see it happening, especially if we go up. Sorry if I missed anyone!

Not that it really needs saying but add Edwards to the releases list as well.

Of the three flashy, match winning wingers with flaky injury records only one is deserving of a new deal and that’s Murphy.

If we stay in league 1,a right back is a must ,a strong taller defence midfielder ,I think Edwards will be signed another right winger and hopefully Murphy signs. Another striker the lad Blackburn I think will come .A goalkeeper for definite I don't know if Cumming has done enough. And another attacking midfielder. If and it's still a big If we go up another level of upgrade will be needed.
No thanks to Edwards ,we set fire to enough money in January.
The narrative of signing injured players needs to stop .

If we're still in L1 I think we should be all over Greg Docherty from Hull. OOC, should be in his prime, won L1 before and was a standout at the level. Played last few years in the Championship. He probably falls into the category of a top end League 1 player, but a lower level Championship player which is the sort of waters we should be fishing in.
That’s a great shout was excellent for Shrewsbury in his time there as well, also saw Portsmouth have released Sean Raggett & there fans giving high praise for Joe Rafferty who I thought was excellent in the away game, that would be someone I’d be looking at as 1 of the 2 right backs that is needed in this summer window

Think it would be a big mistake, if we let Murphy, Browne, McGuane, just walk away.
All 3 have proved what assets they are to the club. Maybe Edwards will be the one worth taking a gamble on.
Have quality out wide and used sensible, lesser risk to injury, Browne and Edwards have been rushed back to early by previous managers. And Murphys shown when right how good he can be.
With Goodrham and Dale there’s plenty of wide alternative options, for competition.
Midfield really needs bolstering, but McGuane is championship standard when in good form. It needs strengthening not dismantling.

Think it would be a big mistake, if we let Murphy, Browne, McGuane, just walk away.
All 3 have proved what assets they are to the club. Maybe Edwards will be the one worth taking a gamble on.
Have quality out wide and used sensible, lesser risk to injury, Browne and Edwards have been rushed back to early by previous managers. And Murphys shown when right how good he can be.
With Goodrham and Dale there’s plenty of wide alternative options, for competition.
Midfield really needs bolstering, but McGuane is championship standard when in good form. It needs strengthening not dismantling.
Would be surprised if Goodrham was still with us next season, hope I'm wrong.

McGuane is championship standard when in good form. It needs strengthening not dismantling.
Not when playing as a defensive midfielder he isn't IMO. Nowhere near. Further forward, possibly. We still need a CDM (or two) to allow that to happen.

Not when playing as a defensive midfielder he isn't IMO. Nowhere near. Further forward, possibly. We still need a CDM (or two) to allow that to happen.
But further forward he doesn’t make things happen, rarely scores or sets up a goal. I dunno, he’s very classy but he’s never fulfilled his potential with us. I’d probably keep him for another year more in hope than expectation

Almost certainly here next year are: Eastwood, Long, Leigh, Moore, Brown, Cam, McEachran, Tyler, Rodrigues, Dale, Harris and Goodwin. We might get a bid for Tyler or something, MK might try and lure McEachran back, but those 12 are the starting point. No ones coming in for Long and paying him L1 wages, and he’s fine as back up anyway.

Those with deals that might want to leave in my eyes are Findlay, Thorniley and Negru. I’d expect two of those at least to have suitors. I can’t remember if McGinty has a deal but he’s gone too.

Of those OOC, we won’t see Seddon or Smyth again. The only chance of new deals for Henry, Browne or Edwards would be on dramatically reduced terms. Bodin could be of more use and value to others in our league. McGuane doesn’t seem to be a big part of Des’ plans. I’d be surprised if Murphy signed a new deal or if Bennett left. I think Stevens will be loaned out again, but don’t think he’s a perfect fit for us. I think Cumming will be better for the time he’s had with us and wouldn’t be adverse to seeing him sign permanently.

Most likely shopping list then:

A goalkeeper (possibly Cumming)
A right back.
A centre back (assuming at least one of Negru/Thorniley leave as well as Findlay)
2 central midfielders.
3 wingers.
1 striker.

Browne can go!!

Browne can’t play a full season, and normally as soon as he returns he breaks down again. We don’t need that, even though on his day he’s one of the best in the league, but even they are few and far between.

Browne can go!!

Browne can’t play a full season, and normally as soon as he returns he breaks down again. We don’t need that, even though on his day he’s one of the best in the league, but even they are few and far between.

If you release Browne you have to release Edwards, they are the same age (26) and have played a similar amount of games.

Almost certainly here next year are: Eastwood, Long, Leigh, Moore, Brown, Cam, McEachran, Tyler, Rodrigues, Dale, Harris and Goodwin. We might get a bid for Tyler or something, MK might try and lure McEachran back, but those 12 are the starting point. No ones coming in for Long and paying him L1 wages, and he’s fine as back up anyway.

Those with deals that might want to leave in my eyes are Findlay, Thorniley and Negru. I’d expect two of those at least to have suitors. I can’t remember if McGinty has a deal but he’s gone too.

Of those OOC, we won’t see Seddon or Smyth again. The only chance of new deals for Henry, Browne or Edwards would be on dramatically reduced terms. Bodin could be of more use and value to others in our league. McGuane doesn’t seem to be a big part of Des’ plans. I’d be surprised if Murphy signed a new deal or if Bennett left. I think Stevens will be loaned out again, but don’t think he’s a perfect fit for us. I think Cumming will be better for the time he’s had with us and wouldn’t be adverse to seeing him sign permanently.

A right back.
A centre back (assuming at least one of Negru/Thorniley leave as well as Findlay)
2 central midfielders.
3 wingers.
1 striker.
I just wonder whether Greg Leigh might be concerned as to his lack of game time in a Des system?
His best attributes seen to be as an attacking full back, but Des clearly prefers his full backs as defenders first and playing in the winger in front if him.

A right back.
2 central midfielders.
3 wingers.
1 striker.
I think (?) Smyth has another 12 months to go on his contract. Could see him go on a season long loan to one of the better L2 clubs. Shame, as he can play. But he seems careless and looks like he has a mistake in him most games.

Back
Top Bottom