General Vaping

QR

Jesus Christ why can't this government get something a simple, and potentially damaging, as this right!

If your going to allow vaping (freedom to kill yourself etc blah, blah, blah) then licence it and use the revenue to police it properly. No wonder they struggle with even then simplist elements of governance.

Could someone close that stable door on the way out?

It's like they can't tell the difference between rapping and raping. Or something.

Lucky nobody explained to you how "freeports" work, @QR

Jesus Christ why can't this government get something a simple, and potentially damaging, as this right!

If your going to allow vaping (freedom to kill yourself etc blah, blah, blah) then licence it and use the revenue to police it properly. No wonder they struggle with even then simplist elements of governance.

I have a teenage son and teenagers are well into their vaping. It's hard because the message seemed to go out for ages that smoking is bad and vaping is good. Obviously that's changed now but the horse has already bolted.

I'm not really in the business of supporting this government, but did you actually read the article?

There are regulations and legal limits on nicotine content. The article goes on to detail a number of enforcement measures and funding being made available to fight this relatively new sector.

There's a point to be made about funding our police forces so more of these dodgy corner shops and scummy vape shops can be tackled, but I don't think vaping demonstrates some sort of catastrophic failure to regulate. If anything it actually shows that steps are being taken to tackle illegal vapes.

I have a teenage son and teenagers are well into their vaping. It's hard because the message seemed to go out for ages that smoking is bad and vaping is good. Obviously that's changed now but the horse has already bolted.
It's rife in (well, around the back of the proverbial bikesheds etc) schools and to be honest it's starting to scare the scare the s**t out of me given the age of mine. 😬

I'm not really in the business of supporting this government, but did you actually read the article?

There are regulations and legal limits on nicotine content. The article goes on to detail a number of enforcement measures and funding being made available to fight this relatively new sector.

There's a point to be made about funding our police forces so more of these dodgy corner shops and scummy vape shops can be tackled, but I don't think vaping demonstrates some sort of catastrophic failure to regulate. If anything it actually shows that steps are being taken to tackle illegal vapes.
I don't know when you saw your first vape but for me it was around 2012. Too little too last as per.

Why do ALL people who vape or smoke think its ok to litter?

Fag butts and fag packets strewn on streets and now its vape plastic wrappers, the boxes and then the battery operated dummy gets thrown on the floor when its empty.

Irks me greatly. :mad:

I don't know when you saw your first vape but for me it was around 2012. Too little too last as per.
We're one of the only countries in Europe regulating the level of nicotine in our vapes.

I'd certainly prefer a total ban, but compared to the rest of the continent we've done some of the best work in legislating to restrict the damage they can do.

Would be good if we followed the lead of the countries who've banned it but you wonder if their bans have arisen from strong lobbying from the tobacco sector...

Saw someone vaping in their seat on Saturday. It was a little way away from me but assumed it was a vape and not a cigarette. The steward chose to ignore it.

I wish they'd ban the disposable ones. all that tech and waste just ending up littering the place up even more. I don't get vapes and find myself taking against them, but I think the ones you reload with vape fluid is ok but these disposable elf bars must be an environmental disaster

We're one of the only countries in Europe regulating the level of nicotine in our vapes.

I'd certainly prefer a total ban, but compared to the rest of the continent we've done some of the best work in legislating to restrict the damage they can do.

Would be good if we followed the lead of the countries who've banned it but you wonder if their bans have arisen from strong lobbying from the tobacco sector...
Many tobacco companies now have there own brands of vapes

Why do ALL people who vape or smoke think its ok to litter?

Fag butts and fag packets strewn on streets and now its vape plastic wrappers, the boxes and then the battery operated dummy gets thrown on the floor when its empty.

Irks me greatly. :mad:
I don't- well not these days, when smoking Id endeavor to use fag butt container ( bin for empty packets), granted it wasn't always that way in 50 years + of smoking, but in the main, in more recent times that was my aim - I switched over to vapes more recently, have a main vape ( caliburt) plus two back ups, none are disposable all are rechargeable and refilable .... albeit weaning off of vaping currently .... when the pod needs changing it goes in the bin, when vape liquid dispenser runs out, it goes in the bin.

If Im going out ( generally to football, or working on a commission or Djing/ (soul) gigging) I'll ensure my main vape and backups are fully charged and pods are filled well before I head out

Back
Top Bottom