EPL VAR

VAR

• Keep It

• Remove It

• Don't Care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Refs aren't helped by ever increasing levels of gamesmanship from players and managers alike. Introducing a stopping clock is, in my view, the best way to deal with that as it would take a lot of pressure off of the refs.

I absolutely hate VAR, but cannot see it being scrapped as it generates additional talking points and, therefore, clicks, and clicks = £££.

Also managers have a lot to answer for.

How many times did you hear "I've seen it back and...." then that manager imply that single refereeing decision was the reason they lost?
I’m still waiting for Fergie Jr to come out and say “ I’ve looked it back it was never handball as it hit Joe Bennet in the face and I was wrong “
Mind you them pigs are flying high

The Premier League has to do what it's members decide, so you never know... Unless the big clubs start throwing out their toys as usual.

Not enough clubs backing it according to a football journalist (can't remember who) on R5 live earlier. The clubs aiming for Europe are likely to vote against and there are a couple of others as well.

This does my head in, everyone has spent all season saying how VAR has ruined the game and yet when there is a chance of getting rid of it, pundits, radio presenters, ex players suddenly say we shouldn’t get rid of it as it won’t look good that ‘the best league in the world’ won’t have the latest technology.

Stop being sheep, get rid of it and let’s get back to football being a game for the fans in the stadium rather than a TV show and except that there will be human error with referees, just like players make mistakes many times in a game.

I saw something on Sky when it was said that decisions have gone from 84% accuracy to 92% ( from memory- maybe slightly different), since VAR.
Surely VAR should be to stop clear and obvious errors.
IF they did get rid of VAR, I wonder how long it would take managers to moan when the inevitable occasional bowlers are made?

I saw something on Sky when it was said that decisions have gone from 84% accuracy to 92% ( from memory- maybe slightly different), since VAR.
IF they did get rid of VAR, I wonder how long it would take managers to moan when the inevitable occasional bowlers are made?

They moan now, they moaned before and they will moan in the future, it’s the only thing more certain than life and taxes that football managers will blame a bad result on refs/var decisions.

Steve Evans has never lost a game of football fairly, 100% win record if the decisions had have been right.

Who has decided they were accurate decisions? Not the same group of officials making the decisions I'd hope as that would be marking your own homework? And considering plenty of decisions are actually subjective how does that play into the stat?

This isn't aimed at yourself, rather general questions as these stats of accuracy seem to be just accepted.

Back
Top Bottom