EPL VAR

VAR

• Keep It

• Remove It

• Don't Care

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think keep VAR but totally strip it back. It should be A clear and obvious error , if a decuson cannot be made in 1 min, keep to in field.

Or do like cricket and each team gets 2 VAR referrals. If they get the decision right, the y do not lose a referral.

Same as I did in the Lincoln game. I'll be furious at the ref, but accept it as the price of not having VAR ruining the experience of football.
I think we just need to accept that refs will make mistakes and be done with it. Pissing around watching replays from multiple angles and stopping footage to draw lines across the pitch is killing the game. Pundits in TV studios have an awful lot to answer for. We are in this situation because they love to pore over the footage of every controversial decision and then lay into the referee.

I think we just need to accept that refs will make mistakes and be done with it. Pissing around watching replays from multiple angles and stopping footage to draw lines across the pitch is killing the game. Pundits in TV studios have an awful lot to answer for. We are in this situation because they love to pore over the footage of every controversial decision and then lay into the referee.

Couldnโ€™t agree more

I think keep VAR but totally strip it back. It should be A clear and obvious error , if a decuson cannot be made in 1 min, keep to in field.

Or do like cricket and each team gets 2 VAR referrals. If they get the decision right, the y do not lose a referral.
Sounds ideal but how and who decides what is a clear and obvious error?

Referrals is an interesting thought.

Plenty on this. No pundit ever caveats what they say with 'the ref had one look at it in real time'. It's grossly unfair on refs to condemn them for a decision when a pundit has multiple angles and time to have a look at the incident in question.

Here's hoping the vote in the PL next month gets rid of it. Matches had errors before but were better flowing contests without it.

Plenty on this. No pundit ever caveats what they say with 'the ref had one look at it in real time'. It's grossly unfair on refs to condemn them for a decision when a pundit has multiple angles and time to have a look at the incident in question.

Here's hoping the vote in the PL next month gets rid of it. Matches had errors before but were better flowing contests without it.

Also managers have a lot to answer for.

How many times did you hear "I've seen it back and...." then that manager imply that single refereeing decision was the reason they lost?

Pundits also irritate me when they say things like 'I don't even know what a handball is nowadays'.

Doesn't stop them commenting on it and slamming the ref and assistants though.

So much emphasis has been put on officials needing to be better that they are being held to non-human standards. Aside from VAR now ruining the spectacle, it also enables a culture of ref bashing and filters down to grassroots levels where referees end up getting endless abuse and on occasion assaulted.

I've seen a few pundits (Carragher, Neville and Sutton) all have a go at refereeing and it seems like it changed their perspective a bit. It wouldn't hurt if more were made to do the same.

No chance of VAR being booted out Iโ€™m afraid.๐Ÿ˜Ÿ
That would need the Premier League to concede that it has been an embarrassing failure and somehow, I canโ€™t see them saying that.

competent Refs and their assistant ( linos) working as a team, then there'd be no need for VAR

too many refs think its all about them, and instruct their assistants to only give throw ins ( & similar)
The standard of officiating is just so low. I can accept them making the odd slight error where the decision is hard to call, but most 'mistakes' refs make aren't like that - a lot of them are blatant and some even nonsensical.

I don't buy the argument that refs being s**t is just 'part of the game'. It shouldn't be.

Saying that though I don't think VAR in it's current format is the solution. If anything, it just exasperates how crap officials really are - they have all this technology and still end up making questionable decisions!

No chance of VAR being booted out Iโ€™m afraid.๐Ÿ˜Ÿ
That would need the Premier League to concede that it has been an embarrassing failure and somehow, I canโ€™t see them saying that.
The Premier League has to do what it's members decide, so you never know... Unless the big clubs start throwing out their toys as usual.

The standard of officiating is just so low. I can accept them making the odd slight error where the decision is hard to call, but most 'mistakes' refs make aren't like that - a lot of them are blatant and some even nonsensical.

I don't buy the argument that refs being s**t is just 'part of the game'. It shouldn't be.

Saying that though I don't think VAR in it's current format is the solution. If anything, it just exasperates how crap officials really are - they have all this technology and still end up making questionable decisions!
Have you ever considered having a go at refereeing? Maybe you could be the solution to all our problems.

Back
Top Bottom