Home Match Day Thread 12/08/2023 L1: OUFC v Carlisle

Who’s it MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The team will have learnt their lessons. We're going to win. COYY

REF WATCH

ELM2ddrXsAE1oiO

United will be facing the Simpsons today. Not just the Cumbrian’s manager and U’s legend Paul Simpson but also the
experienced Jeremy Simpson is today’s referee for the L1 clash at Grenoble Road with Carlisle United.

Simpson from Lancashire was appointed to the National List in 2012 and in recent seasons has mainly been in charge of Championship matches.
His first U’s fixture was the 2-4 home defeat to Exeter City in September 2012. His last U’s match was the 1-1 draw at the Sunderland Stadium of Light
in December 2021.

In the 2022-23 season Simpson refereed 28 matches issuing 121 yellow cards and dismissing just one player - Luton’s Tom Lockyer in February.

COYY! Up The Manor, etc, etc. I hope Simmo gets a good reception from our supporters, but then leaves Grenoble Road empty-handed. I've been as depressed as everyone else about the first week of our season, and a win today would lift the spirits tremendously. I've always said that all teams should be allowed to win their first home game of the season, and I've never wished for that to happen more than today. COYY! (again)

PLAYED FOR BOTH

DarUI2nXcAAnqv3

Includes John Durnin, Paul Simpson, Mick Tait, Hughie McGrogan, Gary Watson, Richie Foran, Michael Raynes, Ray Train, Adam Murray,
Harry Worley, Max Crocombe, Derek Clarke, Jimmy Glass and many more.

Where to even start with a prediction for this one?
2 weeks ago I thought we were nailed on for back to back league wins from the first two.
Fingers crossed the last 7 days were just a blip. I’ll go 2-0 Oxford, but that’s more out of hope than anything else.
A decent performance today will set us up for Derby on Tuesday!

Start of the season and full of confidence that it's going to be a good one, 2 games in and that's shot to pieces.

We need a win simple as that,come on you U's

Having been out of the country for the first two games of the season I am still full of confidence in spite of the results and following meltdown on here, 2-0 win with someone who plays for us scoring.

Feels like I am the only one looking forward to this game but I haven’t seen us play since early May so that might explain that.

I'm not feeling confident today I dunno if this team has the balls to scrap for 3 points prove me wrong Oxford show some bloody passion and fight.. 2-2

Good morning all. Fingers crossed today, but I’m completely neutral in my expectations and feel it could be any result. We could spank them, lose ugly, or it be an end to end draw … who knows!…
The one thing I’m pretty sure of, is heart in mouth moments, playing it out from the back. COYY!!

Back
Top Bottom