Tickets 1350 Peterborough Away Ticket Allocation

Agree a points system is probably the way forward even though it would reduce my chances of a ticket in situations like this.
BUT for God's sake plan it properly, not like Rangers where you have to pay to be a MyGers member and points seem to put you in a gold or silver level, and still everyone whinges they can't get tickets for many games at all, god knows how they get points in the first place if they can't get match tickets ffs.

Back to yesterday, I got lucky, but it was the most stressful 3 minutes of the season, even more than the last 20 minutes at Exeter

Commiserations to those who missed out, I've missed out on a couple of league games this season by waiting til I got home to log on rather than do it at work, lesson learnt.

I think we can all agree that a points system is needed, and as long as this is clearly understood before the season starts then there should be fewer complaints (you'll always get some!)

But as frustrating as I know this is to those who missed out, but over a season where each team has played best the best part of 5000 minutes each, it was a Northampton goal in the last minute of their game against Barnsley that made this relevant. Up until then we were playing Bolton and this almost certainly wouldn't have been an issue.

Hopefully we'll get promoted and this will be a nice problem to have next season and beyond, and more of a reason to try to get it right.

I think we can all agree that a points system is needed, and as long as this is clearly understood before the season starts then there should be fewer complaints (you'll always get some!)

But as frustrating as I know this is to those who missed out, but over a season where each team has played best the best part of 5000 minutes each, it was a Northampton goal in the last minute of their game against Barnsley that made this relevant. Up until then we were playing Bolton and this almost certainly wouldn't have been an issue.

Hopefully we'll get promoted and this will be a nice problem to have next season and beyond, and more of a reason to try to get it right.

I’d do it like this.

1 point for attending any game (obviously you have to pre buy the ticket so it shows on your account). Pay on the day doesn’t count.

23 points for a season ticket holder after purchasing.

So all season ticket holders would start on 23 points and everyone else would start on 0.

This means come the end of the season, if someone has done 12 home games and 12 away games, they would have 24 points.

This means they would have priority over a season ticket for a play off away game such as Peterborough over a season ticket holder who’s done 0 away games. Which for me, is fair.

Obviously a season ticket guarantees you your seat for a set period of time for any home play off game, home cup game etc but it doesn’t over someone away from home if they’ve got more points than you.

It may not have been an issue if Posh had given us a bigger allocation.
I haven't read all the to and fro, but are Posh deliberately giving us a lower allocation rather than giving more of that stand to their own fans?

Also I'd say that most ST holders pre-sale over the last decade have allowed fans time to get home from work before they sell out.

I’d do it like this.

1 point for attending any game (obviously you have to pre buy the ticket so it shows on your account). Pay on the day doesn’t count.

So all season ticket holders would start on 23 points and everyone else would start on 0.

This means come the end of the season, if someone has done 12 home games and 12 away games, they would have 24 points.

This means they would have priority over a season ticket for a play off away game such as Peterborough over a season ticket holder who’s done 0 away games. Which for me, is fair.

Obviously a season ticket guarantees you your seat for a set period of time for any home play off game, home cup game etc but it doesn’t over someone away from home if they’ve got more points than you.
How would it be fair for someone who puts more money into the club - a season ticket holder - to not have priority over somebody who gives far less money to the club? Remember, we don't get any away ticket money so, from the Club's point of view, rewarding those who put less money into the club over those that make a big commitment at the start of the season would be commercial suicide.

The attraction of a season ticket would be drastically diluted and we'd take a massive hit on season ticket income. Committed away support is great for the players, but means nothing financially for the club.

I haven't read all the to and fro, but are Posh deliberately giving us a lower allocation rather than giving more of that stand to their own fans?

Also I'd say that most ST holders pre-sale over the last decade have allowed fans time to get home from work before they sell out.
Peterborough have given us the minimum 10% of there current ground capacity 1350.
When we played them in December they allocated us the larger stand behind the goal .
Just over 1000 fans travelled.
Until recently, most ST pre-sales we’re at 17:00

I’d do it like this.

Absolutely not.

5,000 or so people put their faith & money in the club before a ball was kicked.

So what if they don`t go to an away game except a play off semi or a final?

What would you do for a big FA Cup game? Say its not fair because there haven`t been enough away games to get the points?

Basically yes. We've got 1,350 in an area that can hold up to 1,800 - the main stand.
1,350 happens to be conveniently the minimum 10% as per the rules.
So there will be circa 500 seats not in use or covered up alongside the usual segregation space in that stand.

Where we were for the league (behind the goal in the new stand) is entirely Posh fans. They seem to be flexible on where/how much they give away fans in league games.
Not surprised we've got the main stand for this, but was surprised we didn't get the full amount that the section can hold.

The 10% factor off the back of not agreeing to £20 tickets (allegedly) is the reason for it.

I’d do it like this.

It’d be 4999 ST sales if this ridiculous idea got taken forward next year.

I certainly wouldn’t be buying one.

I buy my ST to GUARANTEE priority for the away games. It is one of the biggest perks there is. While I do actually attend them all, for those that don’t this idea completely dilutes the away benefits of having a ST.

Absolutely not.

5,000 or so people put their faith & money in the club before a ball was kicked.

So what if they don`t go to an away game except a play off semi or a final?

What would you do for a big FA Cup game? Say it’s not fair because there haven`t been enough away games to get the points?
True.
It’s only a problem for away games with a low allocation .
But if your a ST holder and have sufficient credits for attending away games, in all competitions, then you should be given first dabs,where there is a limited supply.
Guest tickets should only be allowed upon general sale .

Basically yes. We've got 1,350 in an area that can hold up to 1,800 - the main stand.
1,350 happens to be conveniently the minimum 10% as per the rules.
So there will be circa 500 seats not in use or covered up alongside the usual segregation space in that stand.

Where we were for the league (behind the goal in the new stand) is entirely Posh fans. They seem to be flexible on where/how much they give away fans in league games.
Not surprised we've got the main stand for this, but was surprised we didn't get the full amount that the section can hold.

The 10% factor off the back of not agreeing to £20 tickets (allegedly) is the reason for it.
I wonder if there was any discrepancy between the clubs re; allocation or pricing which may have pissed Peterborough off, hence them reducing the away allocation from 1888 to 1350?

Do we know what the allocation is in the stand behind the goal which we had earlier in the season? I think it’s 2500 approx, so not sure why we couldn’t have had this stand unless Peterborough didn’t want the away fans having a better impact etc.

I buy my ST to GUARANTEE priority for the away games. It is one of the biggest perks there is. While I do actually attend them all, for those that don’t this idea completely dilutes the away benefits of having a ST.
It is more relevant at EPL where you can have 40,000 ST holders, but only get an allocation of a few thousand away, so they need to design a scheme for fans to get to away games.

Also as was apparent for this match, the current method favours the following:-
ST holders who could access the web-site at 4pm
ST holders with frends in their network who could access the website at 4pm.

99% of the time i can take a break from work to book gig tickets or match tickets. but many fans have jobs that don't enable that freedom or "fag break" at whenever the tix go on sale

A home season ticket is a guarantee of a home seat at every home game at our home stadium.

We’ve got way too comfortable in thinking it has relevance to away tickets. It shouldn’t.

FYI, this is from someone who’s got tickets to both Saturday and next Wednesday.

People who do the most away games should be rewarded for away games over season tickets who don’t go away. Personal opinion.

Last edited:
A home season ticket is a guarantee of a home seat at every home game at our home stadium.

We’ve got way too comfortable in thinking it has relevance to away tickets. It shouldn’t.

That’s fine then, I’ll get a £30 membership instead, and take my chances with getting a home ticket for the handful of games that sell out.

OUFC will be £460 down on my ST alone.

Commercial sense - 0

That’s fine then, I’ll get a £30 membership instead, and take my chances with getting a home ticket for the handful of games that sell out.

Commercial sense - 0

To be fair. I’m not that arsed. I’ve got tickets to every game I’ve needed to.

However I do think it’s massively unfair that fans who’ve done every away game this season have missed out on a ticket for Peterborough away ticket for fans who’ve not done one away game all season and own a season ticket. That cannot be right.

However I do think it’s massively unfair that fans who’ve done every away game this season have missed out on a ticket for Peterborough away ticket for fans who’ve not done one away game all season and own a season ticket. That cannot be right.

Someone who goes to every away game but no home games contributes exactly £0 to the club, at least in terms of ticketing revenue.

I understand why that person does it - because away games are often more fun than the Kasstad. But to give that customer priority would be commercially insane for the club!

Debating the ‘queuing’ system for this game is one thing, but suggesting that ST holders should not get priority is a completely different thing altogether.

Not now and not until we have sufficient away followings to warrant away ST’s, should ST holders for home games not been entirely prioritised for our away games.

Commercial sense - 0
So does that mean you plan to pick and choose home games? So club won't be down the full ST.

And then , as you aren't guaranteed your seat you may find yourself not with your mates?
OK East Stand is a bit fluid with not enforcing seats.

It's entirely right because the terms of the season ticket gives you priority over away games where as the terms of individual away tickets count for Jack.

If we look at a points system for next year then there can be discussions about how this looks but the no.1 priority must always go to season ticket holders - especially as it's only a couple of years since the vast majority paid full price during covid without guarantees of seeing a single game.

This

Back
Top Bottom