Ref Watch 18/05/2024: L1 Play-Off Final - Bolton vs Oxford - Sam Barrott

How was the refs performance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gave him 8. Might be generous, but fuckitt we got promoted.
There were a few things that he ought to have given (pulling JM back repeatedly), but he might have given a penno for handball to them, so ... on average pretty good.

Hes normally reasonable...lenient with yellow cards, allowed bolton players to commit assault on ours ,in the main waving play on nevermind giving anything, some of their challenges were shocking- yes we deservedly won ... a below average 4 from me

After all that fuss, did anything actually end up going to VAR? Didn't seem to be any double checking when Dale was wiped out by their keeper on the edge of the box.

Was poor first half giving Bolton fouls every time their player fell over. Second half he cottoned on to their antics and let the game flow.

Poor I thought. Heavily favoured Bolton and was very inconsistent
Absolutely not. Booked 2 Bolton players versus one of ours. Plus he ignored what was a 50/50 penalty when Moore handled in the box but his arm was raised. 6/10 performance from me but his assistants were better.

Commentary said they did check it.
A lot of viewing through yellow tinted glasses here as he was decent and quite fair.
I’ve watched it back multiple times. It’s hard to understand how that’s not a penalty. Freeze frame. Goalie is in the area. Bolton defender straddles the line. Dale is inside of him. On The line counts as a penalty . I think it was

I assume they went with on field decision ?

Overall thought he was very good though

I’ve watched it back multiple times. It’s hard to understand how that’s not a penalty. Freeze frame. Goalie is in the area. Bolton defender straddles the line. Dale is inside of him. On The line counts as a penalty . I think it was

I assume they went with on field decision ?

Overall thought he was very good though
There was no VAR

There was no VAR

I didn’t realise it at the time but there was was and the only real incident of note that was checked was the Dale penalty shout.

The lino flagged for a free kick straightaway and the ref indicated the same more or less at the same time. It’s a very tricky one to consider but I think they got it right. It was very close to the edge of the area but probably just outside it.

I’m glad VAR was scarcely used yesterday and we could have organic celebrations of our two goals.

The ref was fine. There were a couple of challenges in the first 20 that could have yielded yellow cards but you don’t always want to ruin the occasion so he let them go.

I didn’t realise it at the time but there was was and the only real incident of note that was checked was the Dale penalty shout.

The lino flagged for a free kick straightaway and the ref indicated the same more or less at the same time. It’s a very tricky one to consider but I think they got it right. It was very close to the edge of the area but probably just outside it.

I’m glad VAR was scarcely used yesterday and we could have organic celebrations of our two goals.

The ref was fine. There were a couple of challenges in the first 20 that could have yielded yellow cards but you don’t always want to ruin the occasion so he let them go.
Oh I didn’t realise, didn’t see a monitor and didn’t see them announce the VAR officials on the screen.

Very good proformance from one of the upcoming ref's didn't think he put a foot wrong and had a taste of the prem this season aswell it's an 8 from me

Back
Top Bottom