FA Cup FA Cup

NottsYellow

Just seen that the FA Cup 5th round is happening this week, what total abhorrent decision to play it midweek.
Boreham wood playing at Everton tonight. Biggest game in their history and it is Thursday night with KO 8.15pm. A lot of fans won't be able to go with it being midweek.
If it was at the weekend school kids could have enjoyed a brilliant football away day they would remember for rest of their lives, but no, something to do with Premiership teams and fixtures required on certain dates, god knows.

FA cup has been devalued and marginalised since the creation of the PL and all the obscene amounts of money shared between the elite few

The League Cup will be no more in 10 years, I reckon. The expanded CL will see teams in Europe ‘opting out’ out of it.

The FA Cup will continue to be marginalised and then the ESL will be mooted again …

You watch as the big clubs - or more specifically their minted and greedy owners - push for competitions to be binned that are chicken feed to them but a lifeline to keeping sides League 1 and below in existence.

I seem to remember it is a combination of late finish last season and having to finish earlier this season to allow a break next season for the winter world cup in December.
Valid in itself maybe but whether it returns to normal subsequently is another question

I seem to remember it is a combination of late finish last season and having to finish earlier this season to allow a break next season for the winter world cup in December.
Valid in itself maybe but whether it returns to normal subsequently is another question
Problem is, once they put something in place they are reluctant to change it.

From a tv watching point of view I have quite enjoyed it but it would of pissed me off had we got there, especially if we had got a big London side away as it ruins the day out aspect.

Imagine if they'd brought it in a couple of years earlier meaning our game at Middlesbrough would have been midweek, would have made a bit of a difference that would, didn't we take about 3,300 on the day.

Also ridiculously spread out, the final game of the round (Forest & Huddersfield) is next Monday.

Back
Top Bottom