1st Test Fri 16-20 June 2023 - Edgbaston

Who will win this test?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lyon is a teriffic off spinner. Much as I hate to say it

Fantastic innings. What a player.
It will be very interesting to see how Root does against Smith in this series. Follow that Smith ( actually dont)

Declaration. Wow.
A wicket or 2 and that will have been a good day!

That defensive bowling by the Aussies, didn't work in terms of keeping the scoring rate down. Whether the score is enough we'll find out but the declaration is the way of this team.

I’ve never, ever seen that before in an Ashes test or even considered it! Bold as England could easily have added another 20-50 runs, and they say that 400+ would be a good psychological edge… although a wicket or two makes it a good decision I suppose

I suppose if there's a wicket or two tonight, it will be a good decision. Seems very odd to me, I'd have preferred for us to get as many as possible - not sure 400 is really a par score.

I suppose if there's a wicket or two tonight, it will be a good decision. Seems very odd to me, I'd have preferred for us to get as many as possible - not sure 400 is really a par score.
Especially with this seam attack and the conditions. No movement in the air means Anderson doesn't even take the new ball. But somehow it is typical new England.
Understood it because the new ball was due and Robinson and Anderson would not have lasted long, so it gives 2 hits with the new ball.
Stunning knock by Root, great shame Bairstow had a rush of blood otherwise we might have been looking at 500+

Last edited:
Crazy decision. Root was set and Robinson was looking good.

We could have easily added another 50 and been ahead to attack.

Trying to prove how aggresive we are. Really silly

20230616_113007.jpg
What a bonkers day of cricket. I've come away feeling a bit 'what if' about it, some really daft dismissals then a mad declaration. Top entertainment though. Gotta love test cricket.

View attachment 14079
What a bonkers day of cricket. I've come away feeling a bit 'what if' about it, some really daft dismissals then a mad declaration. Top entertainment though. Gotta love test cricket.
England must have thought getting them into bat cor the remaining overs then stopping would disrupt them and maybe hope we would get a wicket.

Back
Top Bottom