New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Is there anyone on this forum that genuinely believes the stadium won't happen?

It's whether the stadium happens on time that is far more important than simply delivering a stadium.

Sadly, I think a huge proportion of our Fanbase believe that a stadium is a done deal and there is nothing to worry about. That is really dangerous thinking and may result in the opposition getting the upper hand to disrupt and delay the process.

Time wise, things remain very tight, but still doable to have the stadium built and ready to go for the first game of the 26/27 season. But we can't afford any slip ups or delays that could potentially kill the stadium project and the club.

And that's why Reform have overtaken Lib Dems in most national polls.

Back to the subject in hand and the distinct impression I got from the Lib Dem chappy (cutting through all the indecisiveness) was that they know there is virtually no substantial reason why planning permission won't be granted for the stadium and we're now in the realms of t crossing and I dotting to make sure concerns are sufficiently addressed.

Thankfully and rightly, planning committees are not simply allowed to do an Andy Pipkin and say "don't like it".

They all know this and so it is the peripheral details that are now being addressed, not the building of the ground itself.

That's my take anyway....hope I'm right!
I think the Lib Dem guy David Hingley is on the CDC planning committee 🤔

You could be right there. That could also be an option to temporary play at Wycombe for a few games.

I would rather we moved into a finished stadium that we can finally be proud off and call our forever home.
A few games maybe ok.
We don't want to be a year elsewhere.
Crowds have been up yrwr on year for a while.
ST sales have been good. The last thing that the club needs is to lose that momentum and potentially 1,000s not renewing for a year and getting out of the habit of being football every couple of weeks

It's whether the stadium happens on time that is far more important than simply delivering a stadium.

Sadly, I think a huge proportion of our Fanbase believe that a stadium is a done deal and there is nothing to worry about. That is really dangerous thinking and may result in the opposition getting the upper hand to disrupt and delay the process.

Time wise, things remain very tight, but still doable to have the stadium built and ready to go for the first game of the 26/27 season. But we can't afford any slip ups or delays that could potentially kill the stadium project and the club.

Building will need to start this year to have any chance of us being in by August 2026. The LibDem's and Greens will try their best throughout to delay that. Their malicious and spurious attempts to do that should be ignored going forward.

I'm really, really disappointed with the Labour chap, who says he is a fan. When asked why can't we just stay at the Kassam, instead of saying the bleedin' obvious, and correcting the long-spouted mistruths from the antis, he rambled on about retail outlets being closed and the state of the car park. Is this the calibre of candidates on our side? Jeez.
Hey Oxfordkits, I’m the Labour chap.

To give me answers some context that’s the first live radio interview I’ve ever done. Yes it wasn’t great but it was blooming stressful. I’m not a politician, I’ve never stood for office before. I was the only one of the 4 who isn’t a current district councillor.

There’s many things I wish I’d said including the licence but Ian M had already mentioned this & when you’re on the spot & despite having notes in front of you it’s difficult. I had a line about unique & unprecedented opportunity. See my leaflet attached.

You also have to speak to them without speakerphone. I was also conscious of listening to what the Greens said & being prepared for a reply.

I gave it my best shot & fully stated my position with facts.

Is there anyone on this forum that genuinely believes the stadium won't happen?

I believe there’s a good chance that it will get built, but I’m certain not counting my chickens. An 80-85% chance.

So still a smallish chance that it won’t and that’s why we must not stop pushing. Keep the pressure on those who deliberately delay.

I’m very doubtful that we will get the go ahead in time to be ready for 2026. Another season at the Kassam or a ground share with MK seems the most likely.

I'm pleased they give you a good traffic service @Sarge get a smart phone use maps and then you won't have to listen to the other dross

Last edited:

To give me answers some context that’s the first live radio interview I’ve ever done. Yes it wasn’t great but it was blooming stressful. I’m not a politician, I’ve never stood for office before. I was the only one of the 4 who isn’t a current district councillor.

There’s many things I wish I’d said including the licence but Ian M had already mentioned this & when you’re on the spot & despite having notes in front of you it’s difficult. I had a line about unique & unprecedented opportunity. See my leaflet attached.

You also have to speak to them without speakerphone. I was also conscious of listening to what the Greens said & being prepared for a reply.

Thanks for speaking up for our club. 👍🏻

Thank you for your post. I have to say I’m not a Labour supporter in fact I support the Tories have done since 1979, and to let you know I won’t be voting at the next GE.
But as a supporter of OUFC reading your post or good to read from a prospective Cllr albeit a different party to who I support.
Thank you for you well written post and good luck in the up coming local elections. Also thank you for your support.

Last edited:
Strange objection #143
1714053581369.png

Why move close to a football ground if it is that upsetting - not once but "several" times!

On the bright side, we have at least one objector who supports the "essential" need to close roads, even though we are only proposing to marshal them....

Not his place to say apparently
Strange objection #143
View attachment 19188

Why move close to a football ground if it is that upsetting - not once but "several" times!

On the bright side, we have at least one objector who supports the "essential" need to close roads, even though we are only proposing to marshal them....
This is ridiculous, the way they talk about us in insulting and pathetic. I can count on one hand the number of ‘incidents’ I’ve seen since the Kassam opened.

Strange objection #143
View attachment 19188

Things that didn't happen number #286346

The littering thing came up last night on Facebook. I reminded the lady of this really nifty invention called a "bin" and enough these "bins" will be around the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom