New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Very well put. The whole thing isn't about residents concerns, it's about certain people feeding their political aspirations and egos.

Looking at you Middleton!

And all prospective MP's for the new Bicester and Woodstock constituency.

The LibDem controlled County Council have agreed to lease the land of conditions are met in the next 5 years.

Is it a coincidence that they agree to the lease the week they take control of Cherwell District Council, the authority to make the planning decision? Is it cynical of me to suggest that the LibDem's will continue to move the goalposts for the next 5 years so the agreement to lease expires?

And all prospective MP's for the new Bicester and Woodstock constituency.

The LibDem controlled County Council have agreed to lease the land of conditions are met in the next 5 years.

Is it a coincidence that they agree to the lease the week they take control of Cherwell District Council, the authority to make the planning decision? Is it cynical of me to suggest that the LibDem's will continue to move the goalposts for the next 5 years so the agreement to lease expires?
Not sure how they can move the goalposts?
There is a legal agreement in place.

Not sure how they can move the goalposts?
There is a legal agreement in place.
It's all about delaying now, in the hope that our backers pull out

The opposition need to finally accept they are wasting everyone's time now, hence why I called for FoSB to disband the other day.

I think the use of the phrase "legally binding" in the announcement should assuage your feelings...
The next 5 years??? If the stadium does not get approved well within the 5 years there will be no club to take up residence.

It's all about delaying now, in the hope that our backers pull out

The opposition need to finally accept they are wasting everyone's time now, hence why I called for FoSB to disband the other day.
Look at the people involved, can you see them giving up the fight??? No neither can I.

Look at the people involved, can you see them giving up the fight??? No neither can I.
Yes true. But they can come out of this process with a bit of pride by congratulating the club, thanking everyone and drawing a line under this all.

Tis a fine balance between allowing those with, in their minds, legitimate objections to voice them, and not allowing "big business" to steamroller the little people.

However such action/NIMBY groups can throw as many obstacles as they wish but if they are not based on fact & legal reasons to object they will fail.

That is the difference between FoSB (currently) and Les W and his objection to Grenoble Road - LW`s was based on legal fact and the solution was to pay him off.

Until FoSB find a similar legal reason they should be urinating into the wind............

For 5 years. Wouldn't put it past them to frustrate and delay the process for that long.
How?
Planning us supposed fo be based on a defined process ( so not based on whether people want it or not). Even if they do turn it down ( unlikely I would think), then the club will appeal- there would be a small (?) delay then.
It is likely to be called in by the Secretary of State.
I am not sure how FoSB/ green councillors can do anything ( except for councillors on the planning committee turning down planning)
How else can they delay?

How?
Planning us supposed fo be based on a defined process ( so not based on whether people want it or not). Even if they do turn it down ( unlikely I would think), then the club will appeal- there would be a small (?) delay then.
I am not sure how FoSB/ green councillors can do anything ( except for councillors on the planning committee turning down planning)
How else can they delay?

They can delay it as much as they want but at the end of the day while there is a still a possibility of a new stadium our owners aren't going anywhere. Even if after two years we have to ground share or pay stupid money at the Kassam they will go down the route. The only way the owners will walk away is once all appeals have failed.

How?
How else can they delay?
Exactly. The opposition voices are busted flushes. The will of the people of Oxfordshire is for the stadium to be built.

Ward, McIvor, Middleton, Mawson, Hill, Bezant, Campbell(s), Soheili, Boggs etc can try and delay the inevitable but they will not succeed.

The future of OUFC is far far more important than their selfish narrow minded motives.

The stadium will be built. OUFC will prosper for the good of the community.

Exactly. The opposition voices are busted flushes. The will of the people of Oxfordshire is for the stadium to be built.

Ward, McIvor, Middleton, Mawson, Hill, Bezant, Campbell(s), Soheili, Boggs etc can try and delay the inevitable but they will not succeed.

The future of OUFC is far far more important than their selfish narrow minded motives.

The stadium will be built. OUFC will prosper for the good of the community.
Screenshot (102).png

What authority do KPC have to delay or block any progress on a site outside their parish boundaries?
The Triangle is within Kidlington parish... but don't think they have any influence on what happens to it.

They can delay it as much as they want but at the end of the day while there is a still a possibility of a new stadium our owners aren't going anywhere. Even if after two years we have to ground share or pay stupid money at the Kassam they will go down the route. The only way the owners will walk away is once all appeals have failed.
But can they?
I am interested in how they can delay it?

Back
Top Bottom