New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

This journalist the Folker, is a right s**t stirrer. He's been at it for months.
What's his agenda???

Behind a paywall, can anyone hit the fail where it hurts and break ot out from behind tge paywall?
Try using Gener8 search engine as featured on Dragond Den. . It’s for laptop/desktop but stops unwanted pop ups and 95% of the time allows you view Ox Mail stories behind paywall.

This has been on the planning portal since 1st of may
So why now Oxford mail when the club and it's supporters are riding on a crest of a wave
cllllllllliiiiiiiicccccckkkkkkkkk bait

what a silly Folker the reporter is

of course of there was a profusion of emails to re elected Tory TVP Commissioner Barber , maybe he, or his office, would issue a statement on the subject - according to TVP PCC website , they invite views

Heres the email address -pcc@thamesvalley.police.uk.

Last edited:
This journalist the Folker, is a right s**t stirrer. He's been at it for months.
What's his agenda???

Have thought this for some time.

Sorry to go on about it , but something stinks about the whole Oxford Mail/ Stadium scenario.

Why is it that on every occasion there is a stadium story, they portray it in a negative way?

Exactly what is their agenda

I know myself, @bazzer9461 , @Sarge and a few others (forgive me as I have forgotten who they were) have written to the Mail and our stories have never been printed. Also I have written to the editor and Andrew Ffrench complaining of a lack of balance and negative stories.

They did write back to say it’s not so, but I’m sorry but it’s blatant bias.

I would like to know who is pulling the strings here. I don’t doubt they have friends in North Oxford who don’t want the stadium.

I will write another letter to the editor complaining about this and challenge them to print it in the letters section. May not be this week I have other things on my mind

Is this TVP objection something we should be worried about? Did they submit the objection before the consultation ended?

This sort of minutiae is fairly common from statutory consultees - they have to say something else their non-comment is taken as acceptance but there is nothing tangible for them to comment on - think Kidlington Parish Poll 2023. What the planning authority usually does is place a condition in the plans to cover the area of concern; maybe something like "Bollards with an IWA 14-1 rating must be installed and operative at the entrance to the fan zone prior to the first event staged at the stadium".

There will likely be dozens of such conditions in a project this big and it is common practice that they are undertaken as part of the construction phase and signed off ("discharged" in planning speak) as and when they are put into place.

Apart from the poor timing by the OM, there is nothing out of the ordinary in the TVP response - if there were, it would have surfaced at the time.

Have thought this for some time.

Sorry to go on about it , but something stinks about the whole Oxford Mail/ Stadium scenario.

Why is it that on every occasion there is a stadium story, they portray it in a negative way?

Exactly what is their agenda

I know myself, @bazzer9461 , @Sarge and a few others (forgive me as I have forgotten who they were) have written to the Mail and our stories have never been printed. Also I have written to the editor and Andrew Ffrench complaining of a lack of balance and negative stories.

They did write back to say it’s not so, but I’m sorry but it’s blatant bias.

I would like to know who is pulling the strings here. I don’t doubt they have friends in North Oxford who don’t want the stadium.

I will write another letter to the editor complaining about this and challenge them to print it in the letters section. May not be this week I have other things on my mind

These articles wind me up too, but when you look at the business model of local media you see that balance has nothing to do with it. These articles are produced to generate interest, which generates income. The more controversial, the better.

An editor would argue that this story is factual and in the public domain, and that they only recently produced an article that spoke about the lease being approved which supports the club.

It is poor amateurish journalism, but I don't think that there is an anti-club agenda by the Oxford Mail.

The Mail will print anything that gets them clicks. its a non-story and doesnt actrually include any relevant TVP comment other than from the objection. I would suggest a fan writes to TVP and the TVP Oxford SLO for a quote - they will buckle under that and not want to be seen to being negative. The PR team at TVP are a bit fecked off with the Mail for dropping it this week.

Expect more negatives stories in the run up. Oxford United are BIG news - they'll have these all lined up.

The Oxford Mail doesn't have the power to stop the development, its all noise right now.

And another which is quite interesting from another well known anti

Attachments

• IMG_2447.jpeg
    IMG_2447.jpeg
    324.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2446.jpeg
    IMG_2446.jpeg
    328.4 KB · Views: 68
I work with someone that uses exclamation marks like suzey, every time I read their emails it just comes across very unprofessional.

Hi Suzey!!

Back
Top Bottom