New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

This was what I was going at him about there is absolutely no way on normal match day at the triangle will 12k people use parkway us going to wembley there will be.

Oh by the way network rail have said nothing about rebuilding the station they were talking about a level crossing in yarnton as there objection
That’s the level crossing Middleton wants closed.

This was what I was going at him about there is absolutely no way on normal match day at the triangle will 12k people use parkway us going to wembley there will be.

Oh by the way network rail have said nothing about rebuilding the station they were talking about a level crossing in yarnton as there objection
I think Steve is getting confused between Network Rail and Chiltern Railways. Chiltern are supportive but have asked for more funding to improve Parkway further .

He's taking out of his a**e. Again.

I was always a BBC local news viewer. That was until recently. The local news went downhill with the closure of the Oxford studio and the sport content descended rapidly at the same time. If it wasn't to do with Portsmouth or Southampton, then it just didn't get a look in. Having switched to watching Meridian news and despite the very odd presenters (and that's being nice!) the content was very refreshing. Far more local news, relevant to the area and a reasonable coverage of local sport.
For Meridian to have made such a cock up and just repeated the nonsense from the Fail is unforgiveable. Surely they have some editorial ethics? Surely they check a story before running it on air? Somebody, it has to be said, has dropped a really big bollock and should be grovelling with apologies to all.

I think you are correct with regard to permission being granted.
But I expect the deicision will be deferred in June and again in July.
They will no doubt use National Highways' recommendation to not grant planning permission until at least 26th June as a reason to delay it till July. This is due to NH wanting to see and review the new traffic modelling using OCC's VISSIM model. Presumably this was submitted if the lease option was signed?

Yes, was it York , Barnsley, Coventry , now Bolton.
Well that just make Hill look even more stupid..
In 2010 the speed they got everyone on the trains and away was outstanding. The two trophy finals weren't so good and it took significantly longer to get on a train but for those two games, trains were coming through from Oxford station. In 2010 that link hadn't even been opened.

I notice this year all trains are starting from Parkway, so hopefully it's as good as back in 2010. I spoke to a chap at Parkway yesterday when I was getting my tickets and he confirmed that's why they going back to the 2010 plan, as it seems to work better with trains starting there.

Back
Top Bottom