General The Chippy Is Dead

Underfaker

Just to let supporters know who arent already aware the Chip shop in the ozone complex has closed down apparently for good, i was told it was something to do with the rents being jacked up again, not sure if it will be taken over by someone else but another amenity for supporters gone.

Just to let supporters know who arent already aware the Chip shop in the ozone complex has closed down apparently for good, i was told it was something to do with the rents being jacked up again, not sure if it will be taken over by someone else but another amenity for supporters gone.
Let's hope @Farrscatering take note and up their game for the coming matches. The queues outside their van at the west side of the ground can be horrendous. With no chippy it can only get worse.

Better check on @RyanioBirdio to see if he’s OK.

I finally stopped going in there earlier this season. I couldn’t handle the stress of it.

I’ll be taking a sandwich to games moving forward, in my Greg Leigh lunchbox.
Perhaps, once you’d stopped going, they just lost heart. If their greatest fan could no long bear it, what hope remained?

It's difficult with the vans as they can only get so many people working in them so there will be a ceiling on how much they get out in a reasonable time.

Ideally we need vans on each corner but I guess it's difficult to find companies that have the capability to provide the service that Farrs do on a regular basis.

Mr Kassam the landlord, rents jacked up again ......... surely not?

Let's hope @Farrscatering take note and up their game for the coming matches. The queues outside their van at the west side of the ground can be horrendous. With no chippy it can only get worse.
One thing they could do is change the colour of their signs in the East Stand, I believe it was green writing on red? I must have some kind of RG colour blindness as I could just see a blur, couldn't make out letters let alone words! Sorry for sharing my minor quibble.

The concourse when the East Stand is full at half time is like a London tube at Rush Hour. But with more Stone Island.

It's difficult with the vans as they can only get so many people working in them so there will be a ceiling on how much they get out in a reasonable time.

Ideally we need vans on each corner but I guess it's difficult to find companies that have the capability to provide the service that Farrs do on a regular basis.
The problem is not the equipment, it's staffing them. As with all hospitality currently, nobody wants the work.

“Two burgers with onions please. No cheese.”
“Do you want onions on those?”
“Yes please.”
“With or without cheese?”
While having no chips ready and taking money off 20 people regardless, then giving them their food in a totally random order so the people who have been waiting longest get very cross, while asking everybody what they ordered all over again because they haven’t got a clue.

Then when only 10 of the 20 people get served before the chips run out again, put more on as though it’s some sort of shock while taking yet another 20 orders, thus making the backlog worse as now there are 30 people waiting for a fry that will only serve 10. At which point 20 more orders will be taken.

Repeat until people start bleeding out of their eyes in a rage.

Never had that problem at the LRT catering stalls.......... less choice, faster service, free yellow rain if you stood in the wrong place.

Life was simpler and, some would say, better in those days. :)

Disappointing for those that almost died of hunger whilst waiting to be served .
Terrible operators, couldn’t organise a p..s up in a brewery.
So many businesses would love a guaranteed captive footfall- something that is sadly overlooked in and around many football grounds.

Shame it's closing, I don't know how they kept their prices so low. I had really excellent cod and chips, in Wigan, and that was £7.80 without a drink. Fish n Chips always seem better up north.

The problem is, they got this at most twice a week for about 2 hours, hard to run a business in an otherwise very quiet place.
True, but that’s why you do some homework before taking on a business in this type of location.
Equally,all the more reason to capitalise, when you have it on a plate .

Last edited:
Bloody hell, I thought Chris Wilder had died when I saw the title of this thread.

#RIPChippy

The problem is, they got this at most twice a week for about 2 hours, hard to run a business in an otherwise very quiet place.
And yet they somehow never figured out how to serve people properly or devise any sort of system. All joking aside, they legitimately seemed to have no idea how to run a chip shop.

Even with only 23 league games per season, the money they should have been making with that sort of guaranteed footfall was fairly substantial.

Must say I had only used it once, waited about 30 minutes for some cold chips, never been back since. Even on big match days with long queues Farr's are still faster.

Back
Top Bottom