Away Match Day Thread 07/03/2023 FA Youth Cup QF Man City v OUFC

We were outclassed.
Tried hard, but created virtually nothing.
Man City were excellent- looked like a mini Man City team- they played the same fast possession football.
The young players did really well to get so far and deservedly beat Cardiff and Leeds.

I really liked our #7 not sure what his name is but every time he got the ball he looked to take his man on and make things happen. Man city were just to good unfortunately but fair play to our lads for getting so far

I really liked our #7 not sure what his name is but every time he got the ball he looked to take his man on and make things happen. Man city were just to good unfortunately but fair play to our lads for getting so far
From the few bits I saw he was my best player.

From the few bits I saw he was my best player.
I think he could be the next one to break into the first team it's so good that we've finally got players in our youth teams that could get into the first team after so many years of not having that quality

Aidan Elliott-Wheeler - yeah, he looked decent.

The only bright spot this season, is knowing that some of the youngsters are coming on really well.

Johnson is a real prospect. Might be able to do a job in the lge 1 run in.

Gerard Houlier used to turn up at loads of Liverpool things after he got the sack, so much so that he complained that his company credit card had been declined, they had to put him right and tell him you don't get one once you are no longer employed. I can see a similar thing happening with Robinson.

Like any break up a clean break with numbers/social media etc deleted is the best way, we both need to shag someone else (I suppose we are with Craig Short, never imagined it would get to this when he played for Derby on ITV matches back in the nineties) maybe Robinson could have a quickie with Barrow or someone to help him get over us.

Gerard Houlier used to turn up at loads of Liverpool things after he got the sack,

So did Shankly. David Peace wrote a book about it, I think it was called "Red or dead". Not nearly as good as The Damned United (but Clough and Revie were in that).

So did Shankly. David Peace wrote a book about it, I think it was called "Red or dead". Not nearly as good as The Damned United (but Clough and Revie were in that).

Even Ferguson is like the ghost of Christmas past at Old Trafford, always looming over the latest manager.

Have read The Damned United but not the Shankly one, will give that a go.

The highlights on the citeh official site show each goal 5 or 6 times looking like we lost 20- nil. No efforts on goal by us were shown, really?

The highlights on the citeh official site show each goal 5 or 6 times looking like we lost 20- nil. No efforts on goal by us were shown, really?
I was there and can only recall one good chance we had early on, unfortunately it was rather one sided. I didn't have to travel far as I'm a northern exile, but fair play to anyone who trekked up here for it.

Back
Top Bottom