• FGR

Votes: 7 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
this one IMO is an as much of a 'must win' as the rearranged game V Cheltenham was

FGR are already relegated, their players will be putting themselves in the shop window and raising their individual game. Its not going to be an easy game by any stretch of the imagination.

We need to WIN this game, play like we did on tues, esp 2nd half and we should bring home 3 pts 1-2 is my prediction after a nervy and scrappy game

this one IMO is an as much of a 'must win' as the rearranged game V Cheltenham was

FGR are already relegated, their players will be putting themselves in the shop window and raising their individual game. Its not going to be an easy game by any stretch of the imagination.

We need to WIN this game, play like we did on tues, esp 2nd half and we should bring home 3 pts 1-2 is my prediction after a nervy and scrappy game
Was it FGR or Cheltnam who had that absolute bellend of an announcer a few years back?

Might've even been Conf days...or Div 2 :unsure:

But yeah - play like we did 2nd half Tues and we have nothing to fear!

Any FGR players worth a punt in the Summer?

FGR have 27 points and are thirteen behind Cambridge who are second from bottom.
They are by some distance the worst team in the Division.
Oxford should be up for it far more than FGR (Ferguson has suggested a clear out of players at the end of the season)
Football does have a habit of kicking you in the teeth, but at this stage of the season we couldn't have an easier away game.
I suspect that half of the crowd + will be Oxford fans.
Come on let's do this!

I don't think we will take this game slightly a win would almost certainly keep us up if other results go our way. I would love 2-0 but it will probably be closer. COYY

It’s their last home game of what has been a really difficult season. They will really want to put a final show on for their fans and, as has already been said, beating Sheff Wed proves they are capable of beating anyone on their day.

I have a slight concern that we might think we’ve cracked it after Tuesday’s performance and result. Hopefully LM will keep everyone’s feet on the ground and make it clear - if it’s needed - that we are still deep in the s**t and will need to be at our best again to get a result.

Sorry for the pessimism but it will be so like us to f**k up on Saturday and keep the agony going into a must win game on the last day of the season….

I just really hope we can have this as good as done before the Accrington game. A scrappy 0-1 Saturday will do nicely.
But after Tuesday’s performance, I’d love to see more of the same!

I wonder if there has ever been any scientific research into wether teams or players are ‘on the beach’ or ‘in the shop window’ at this time of the season. We hear these phrases a lot [emoji23]

Praying for an emphatic win. 3-1. Ideally with Brannagan scoring again. I really don't want to go into Accrington with a belly full of wrestling snakes.

I wonder if there has ever been any scientific research into wether teams or players are ‘on the beach’ or ‘in the shop window’ at this time of the season. We hear these phrases a lot [emoji23]
FGR manager has said hes having a clear out in the close season, some , if not all FGR players would, (I assume) prefer to ply their trade at L1 instead of L2 level next season, showing what they can do ( putting themselves in the shop window so to speak) is probably a good way to secure that

I would imagine that in the case of teams like FGR (comfortably the worst team in the Division, many of the players will be "let go' at the end of the season), then normally they will be disheartened and lose most games!
Of course Manning and the players shouldn't be complacent. But we really should win.
If we lost Saturday that would be one of our worst league results of all time (bearing in mind the importance of it)

FGR manager has said hes having a clear out in the close season, some , if not all FGR players would, (I assume) prefer to ply their trade at L1 instead of L2 level next season, showing what they can do ( putting themselves in the shop window so to speak) is probably a good way to secure that

or they could have the hump with what was said and down tools? I don’t think one game out of 46 is going to secure them their dream move… truth is no one knows how they will play and if it’s anything like their previous games over the season then we really should be beating them.

Bolton know the feeling of getting beat by a lowly team, a team they 'should have beaten easily.

I like LM he seems quite cool and calculated, I have no doubt he will have the players grounded, and doing exactly what they did to Cheltenham Tuesday evening. With us selling out our allocation, we need it to be like a home game with the fans creating all the noise, colour, etc, so on that note, a 1-3 away win. If not, just a scrappy win. COYY's.

I hope we go hard at them in the first 20 minutes and get a goal or two. If we do then I think they’ll cave in and think f**k it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom