• SUB: Smyth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: Anderson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They will have to as they won’t have the money coming in they’ve been used to and don’t forget they are heavily in debt so will have to release the high earners
Agreed but their facilities, the expectation to do well and (hate to say it) they’re perceived standing having been in the championship for so long, will be a big draw on players they want to sign.
I think Liam Manning will be big draw for us though. Unlike KR.

It's a nice feeling to wake up and not look at the league table and think what needs to happen this week for us to stay up ... Now we just need reading to get relegated league 1 will be fun next year . Oh and I still hope TW and GF get replaced these to idiots were as much to blame as KR was about this s**t season

That's the only player I would take from the Mk squad. He had an ankle injury and missed the first 14 games of the season. 11 goals from 31 games isn't a bad return in a poor side either.
O'Hora ? Leko?

If anyone says this time last week they were confident we'd stay up, they were lying!

Let's not rewrite history we have been f*****g abysmal this season. 18 without a win almost deserved relegation. We have come good at the last possible moment but it doesn't cloud the fact that Karl Robinson assembled one of the worst teams seen at this level.

Ferguson out. Williams out.

Your 100% hit rate at predictions continues. Great stuff.

Well done to the coaching staff and players for securing our safety. It was looking ominous up to less than a week ago, but they managed to pull two good results out of the bag, albeit against two poor sides with nothing to play for.

I was at the match yesterday and enjoyed the day out. The second half was a weird affair with most fans having one eye on the pitch and the other on their phones to check the other scores. It was good fun following the Barnsley comeback, and the 'celebrations' at the end were enjoyable, although it acted as a reminded of just how bad our season has been that just staying up with seen as a massive success. For me it was more relief than jubilation.

That said, I think Manning deserved to celebrate. He came into a bad situation, one that even he couldn't have properly prepared for. We were hurtling towards relegation, the fan base was disenchanted and the club was rudderless. I don't think he's got every decision right, but he managed to stop the rot and reinstall enough confidence and belief in the team so that they were ready to strike when the opportunity arose.

I'm cautiously looking forward to the summer to see how the squad is improved. Hopefully this time next year we'll have real reason to celebrate.

Well done Liam manning he came in to utter dross and steaded the sinking ship and started to get us playing just at the right time and 7 goals in 2 vital games credit where its deserved I can't wait for him to strip the dead wood out and who he gets in players may come here now as he's a bigger draw than KR and see a LM team next season.

I hope the club thinks about the shambles they have caused and give us season tickets holders some kind of discount for the dross that we have had to put up with.

Well done LM again COYY 👏 👍

Let him kick off with a month sunning himself in Spain. That's the norm, isn't it?

I don't think he's the sort of manager to go away for a month and completely switch off. Radio Oxford touched on it yesterday of how many times he watches the games back to analyse of where we can improve. We might actually see some signings early on and not scrambling around in August.

I've not read this entire thread, but could someone estimate how many OUFC fans were actually at FGR on Saturday? I realise there were officially 1,224 away fans recorded, but the pictures posted suggest that well over 50% of the total crowd of 4,070 were Oxford fans. Any reasonable estimates?

‘Just need to fill a few gaps and go again’ 🤦‍♂️

Again, we are creating a narrative that isn't there to make for some kind of division amongst fans.

Literally no one has spoken of filling a few gaps and going again.

No one.

However, a few have suggested that some of those that have improved in the last few weeks may continue to improve with a full preseason, whilst others want a complete overhaul. Neither are 100% right, they are just opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom