Do you want a Fans’ Forum?

• Yes, ASAP

Votes: 63 38.0%
  • Yes, but after the season finishes

Votes: 91 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
I voted for after the season, on the understanding that it's within a couple of weeks of the final whistle against Accrington and isn't left and left until it's essentially a pre season forum and we've got a couple of shiny new signings too. I'd like to know exactly where we are or else I think it'll just be vague bluster about trying to do the right things to get results this season, and then that merges into how we're setting up for the next season and we end up going round in circles.

Long story short I don't think we'll get any proper answers if we do it while the season is ongoing, especially with games coming thick and fast. When we know where we've finished we'll be able to ask questions with some concrete parameters based on exactly how far we've underperformed. Don't give them the option to try and blister their way out of things.

Edit, and I want at least one of the money men there. Hopefully they're as pissed off as us that their money is being squandered and also want answers, and it'll be a chance to see the dynamic between the owners and those they've trusted with running the club.

I want Tim Williams to look me in the eye and tell me that I, and the others who attended the last forum and the Friday meeting were, in fact, in the right when we made it clear that things were not ok. I want him to admit that he and the board, got it wrong.
Will it happen? Course it bloody won't.

@OUSP Secretary & @OxVox can you folk shed any light on the promised Fans Forum please? My understanding was that it was all dependant on Ferguson being in the country. Now it appears that they would rather not meet with the fans at all. So much for the promised improvements in supporter engagement.

Ive voted No. I'm one of those people who believe actions (or lack of) speak louder than words, and our illustrious leaders have demonstrated their absolute incapabilities in their roles.

I don't trust either Tim or Grant, there is nothing they could tell me at a Fans Forum that would leave me thinking they are going to do a good job for this football club. Plus they have shown they dislike criticism so would likely just get defensive anyway. That confidence is terminally broken.

"Oh, we've learnt our lesson, we are going for it next season and have put robust plans in place, now give us your increased season ticket money and shush" not for me.

The only Forum I would potentially be interested in would be one where we could ask Bakrie and Thohir how they are going to drive performance from The Chuckle Brothers.
Drive them both out of our club asap, the contempt they have shown for fans.

YES, ( ASAP too) ..... from a personal viewpoint my preference is most definitely NOT to hold a fans forum on a Matchday , purely because on a matchday ( going by previous Fans forums held on matchdays) the time is for obvious reasons limited to approx 60minutes in total. Wheras the one open Fans Forum under the current regime held at a hotel in Iffley lasted in the region of double the limited time that a matchday one would be allotted.

For some I do appreciate that not being held on a matchday makes it harder (logistically among other things) to attend in person, however as the previous, aforementioned FF this season was broadcast live, on zoom ( possibly on other platforms too?) the vast majority can take part or at least observe and listen to proceedings. IMO a live open fans Forum anytime soon is going to be rather heated, with some serious questions asked of pretty much all on the top table * and a bit spicey too, so the more time allotted the better.

* exceptions perhaps being Steve K ( Acadamy) and Liam G ( OUWFC / Yellow Roses)
Absolutely, all questions are open to be asked, and not conveniently swept under the carpet be CW.

I’ve voted ‘no’ on the basis that I’m a customer and if I don’t like the service I’ve received over the last couple of years I can go elsewhere, but I don’t see why I’m entitled to a meeting with the board every time the product they serve doesn’t suit me.

I quite like shopping at Next but every few years they produce lines which I’m not happy with but I don’t contact their executive board to moan. I just trust them as businesspeople to get it right over time and I’ll be back buying stuff from them. Doesn’t mean I’m a fairweather shopper.

I know supporting a football club is a passion and have heard the argument that fans will be here supporting the club longer after the players, manager and owners move on, but my view is this doesn’t give us the right to demand frequent FFs when things are going wrong. If I was a shareholder it would be different though.
Where the hell do Season ticket holders come in this list then. We have given the club hundreds of our own money, are we not allowed to question the board?

They prop us up if you question the powers to be we won't have a club. They should still say sorry for not having anyone else keeping an eye on Karl he has put the club in a terrible place for the foreseeable future what ever the club say. I keep seeing Karl in the betting for jobs but I don't think any club will give him a job with the complete mess he's left us in.

I want Tim Williams to look me in the eye and tell me that I, and the others who attended the last forum and the Friday meeting were, in fact, in the right when we made it clear that things were not ok. I want him to admit that he and the board, got it wrong.
Will it happen? Course it bloody won't.
I want him to f**k off

They prop us up if you question the powers to be we won't have a club. They should still say sorry for not having anyone else keeping an eye on Karl he has put the club in a terrible place for the foreseeable future what ever the club say. I keep seeing Karl in the betting for jobs but I don't think any club will give him a job with the complete mess he's left us in.
Don’t confuse the board with the owners. Bakrie & Thohir are little more than money men and yes, if they turned their back on the club then that may bring a bit of uncertainty to say the least. But they’ve supported the club to a very good level financially. Difficult to be too upset with them. They probably only know what Tim and Grant have told them… imagine what that conversation sounds like!!

Tim and Grant are just the hand-picked C-level execs tasked with allocating the owners’ resource and putting it to good effect and achieving an end goal which will not have been relegation. They’re a long, long way from irreplaceable.

Last edited:
Now why would you do that Steve?

Think one thing and vote for another?

That's how we get Tories you know.
Especially as you can actually change your vote, can’t you?!

Now why would you do that Steve?

Think one thing and vote for another?

That's how we get Tories you know.
I voted before having a proper think and then found out you can’t change your vote!

Where the hell do Season ticket holders come in this list then. We have given the club hundreds of our own money, are we not allowed to question the board?
You’re effectively just loyalty card customers, I don’t think any of the T&Cs in your ST application stipulate you can ask the board about their decisions. ‘Fraid that’s just the way it is. We’ve already had a couple of fans forums this season plus the club scored quite well in the annual engagement survey, so they’ve communicated enough.

Just accept that they know mistakes have been made and it’s obvious they will try to correct them. Then direct any urgent questions to the OUSC who have a conduit into the club, and those questions can get asked in a probing but respectful manner. Anyone from the club who has read some of the vicious, personal attacks on here is very unlikely to sanction the same group of people meeting them face to face I feel but, hey, Ryan thinks he still has a contact with the club who can appease the fans so trust him.

plus the club scored quite well in the annual engagement survey, so they’ve communicated enough.
The club was recently named 80th out of the 92 PL and EFL clubs for supporter engagement and communications, and within that were rated the second worst of all clubs in League One.

They also promised a forum of their own free will before the end of the season, so now they’re being challenged to deliver on their own word.

but, hey, Ryan thinks he still has a contact with the club who can appease the fans so trust him.
Ahhhh, there we go, another personal attack because I’ve been mean about your beloved in the past.

Have as many swipes at my ankles as you like, poppet.

I know that I can be as bad as anyone, but the personal snips are becoming increasingly unnecessary.

If Ryan is able to use this poll to encourage a proper fans forum then great. If it falls on deaf ears, then we're no worse off than we were 24hrs ago when he first posted on this.

I know that it is the banner for the new stadium, but more than ever we need to #StandUnited . Whether that's the team, the club, the fans, this forum, or the collective of Oxfordshire, we need to be together in saving our club on and off the pitch.

Christ, I might even play fair with the next poll that Mellow puts up just to keep the peace!!!

The club was recently named 80th out of the 92 PL and EFL clubs for supporter engagement and communications, and within that were rated the second worst of all clubs in League One.

They also promised a forum of their own free will before the end of the season, so now they’re being challenged to deliver on their own word.

Ahhhh, there we go, another personal attack because I’ve been mean about your beloved in the past.

Have as many swipes at my ankles as you like, poppet.

Thanks, I wanted to refute the engagement point but didn't have immediate access to the report.

Re; Fans Forum, because I don’t believe Tim has any balls, I can see him doing a Maxwell by jumping ship before the s**t hits the fan!

Can see Grant doing the same.

Back
Top Bottom