Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Others for the list

Robbie Fowler
Robbie Keane
John Terry
Lee Carsley
Emma Hayes - before she signs a contract for USA

A LIST

Managers and coaches out of work

Gareth AINSWORTH
Joey BARTON
Michael BEALE
Steve COTTERILL
Danny COWLEY
John EUSTACE
Neil HARRIS
Dean HOLDEN
Mark HUGHES
Nathan JONES
Mark KENNEDY
Frank LAMPARD
Jessie MARSCH
Steve MORISON
Graham POTTER
Leam RICHARDSON
Karl ROBINSON
Gary ROWETT
Dean SMITH
Neil WARNOCK
Chris WILDER
It would be interesting to see how many of our outraged fans would welcome an exciting new manager who is currently in work if that scenario played out.

will prob get shouted down, but Gary Caldwell. Exeter we’re doing well until desimated by injuries and play good football

Crossroads for Hoggy. Let’s imagine Hogg takes the plunge and takes over as manager here.

He does a Schumacher and somehow continues Manning’s good form and gets us up at the end of the season. Manning goes to Bristol and has a nightmare, they cut their losses and give him the sack.

There’s a possible scenario where in 18 months Hogg is managing a Championship club (us) and Manning is without a job.

will prob get shouted down, but Gary Caldwell. Exeter we’re doing well until desimated by injuries and play good football
I think they're going down. 1 point from their last 6 games and lost a few in various cups in there too, although did also beat Luton. A fast start that was never likely to last and I'm worried he'd try and bring Yanic back.

Others for the list

Robbie Fowler
Robbie Keane
John Terry
Lee Carsley
Emma Hayes - before she signs a contract for USA
What an awful list. John eustace for me. Was doing really well at Birmingham that’s if Hogg goes aswell

Whatever happens our position is so much better than when Manning was recruited. No doubt the options will be far stronger than when Manning joined. I am sure we will go through a similar recruitment process but the requirements and aspirations will be different.

If we are to consider L1 Head Coaches then Richie Wellens tops my list.

His teams play attractive possession based attacking football and he has done a first class job at Leyton Orient. This season has been challenging due to the volume of injuries at Brisbane Road.

He ticks a lot of boxes for me.

If we are to consider L1 Head Coaches then Richie Wellens tops my list.

His teams play attractive possession based attacking football and he has done a first class job at Leyton Orient. This season has been challenging due to the volume of injuries at Brisbane Road.

He ticks a lot of boxes for me.
Be interesting if he was appointed, who would he manage on Saturday. First manager to be in both dug outs.

What an awful list. John eustace for me. Was doing really well at Birmingham that’s if Hogg goes aswell

That isn't my list of choice, just names that should be added to it as possibles that are available and could be considered. There are many names already given better than all those names I put up. But amongst the whole list compiled so far I still can't identify a real stand out candidate.

John Eustace. Made no sense to fire him for Rooney. It can be like Jim Smith and Ron Saunders all over again.
I think this would be a good shout as well.

Any internal options?

Sam Baldock
James Henry
Chris Hackett
Steve Kinniburgh

Nope. No experience at all. Keep them in the current post by all means but it doesn't matter how well they interview, they have no experience of running a league one team between them.

Nope. No experience at all. Keep them in the current post by all means but it doesn't matter how well they interview, they have no experience of running a league one team between them.

Tim Williams’ quotes from the OWS make it sound as though he’s very much looking externally for a replacement.

What sort of football does Carsley's teams play ? Think he was at Brentford for a bit, might be worth an interview at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom