Votes: 16 32.0%

Votes: 5 10.0%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
Was expecing the worst after his last Oxford game ( V Port Vale) , surprisingly had an almost decent game , consistent, nothing controversial, on tonights game an above average 6 from me*

*yes Ive not forgiven nor forgotten his handling of the Vale game- or I maybe given him a 7

Did fine. Probably favoured us in the first half.

A few calls from the linesmen seemed a bit dubious to me!

I thought he was all right! Shock horror. Has a pompous bearing but maybe he can’t help that.

Apparently Bolton can do cynical fouls and not get booked for them yet we do. They should have had plenty more cautions for those cynical challenges.

Purkiss clearly dislikes Mark Harris as he wasn't giving him anything but god forbid he got a bit physical back.

I did laugh that Donks' obvious punch of the ball over the shoulder of the defender was missed by the Officials.

Last edited:
He was helped by the players who werent for a change looking for penalties or rolling around in agony. Was played with a good spirit by the players and the ref for that matter very refreshing after some of the games this season!

Niles Crane lookalike. Reffed like him too, pompous and fussy. Bet he’s fun down the pub.

Was expecing the worst after his last Oxford game ( V Port Vale) , surprisingly had an almost decent game , consistent, nothing controversial, on tonights game an above average 6 from me*

*yes Ive not forgiven nor forgotten his handling of the Vale game- or I maybe given him a 7
Headline news: “SARGE SCORES PURKISS 6”
You going soft in your old age, Sarge? 😊

I try my best to give a ref a clean sheet at the start of the game, in some cases that has never worked.... however he gets a solid 7 from me.

• React
Reactions: QR
Ref did ok and maintained a level of control but Bolton did get away with a few potential yellows especially a couple of times when the likes of McGuane were breaking from the back and were cynically tugged back. They also had a string of these similar fouls early on and he never clamped down on this.

Yes, I agree with the general sentiment (and rather daringly said so at half time on the match thread).

I was expecting a horror show, but thought that he was pretty good in general. He picked up more (but not all) of the shirt pulling than refs in recent weeks, the yellow cards were probably correct (at least under the way the laws are currently applied) and he was somewhat consistent. He did miss stuff (including what looked like a bit of naughtiness from Brannagan - discipline is something DB will have to crack down on) - but what ref doesn't. Purely on last night's performance, a 7.

I try my best to give a ref a clean sheet at the start of the game, in some cases that has never worked.... however he gets a solid 7 from me.
Kind of agree. It was bloody annoying that he allowed Bolton's series of 'light touch' professionally fouls (executed to halt our break aways at birth) in the game's early stages without showing a yellow to nip them in the bud, but, by the same token, he didn't make any howlers to affected the outcome of the game.

It's the consistency, or rather lack of, which annoys me. Reuben rightly gets a yellow for his pull on a Cheltenham player, yet 3 Bolton players did the same thing between minutes 6-9, and not a single yellow comes out.

Shouldn't matter how early in the match it is. A yellow card should be a yellow whether its the 1st or 91st minute.

Shouldn't matter who therefore is, the rules should be (and on this are) clear enough to be an objective decision.

Those tasked with ensuring people follow the rules need to be consistent and fair with how they apply discipline. Sometimes it feels like they make it up as they go along.

Back
Top Bottom